ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio won't start! :(

172 ph 1/ 19 16v ph1
Hi guys, I have a 172 ph1 and it has been sat for about 4weeks and I went to start it ready to sort some bits out for mot, and it won't start? It has a good battery and turns over fine and I can hear the fuel pump prime.
The immobiliser light goes out as it should but there is no spark,
its not the coil pack, leads or spark plugs its just not turning on so to say lol.
Any help would be much appreciated

thanks, Pete

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
No spark.... normally means Crank position sensor as said. No fuel will be injected either as the CPS tells the ECU when to fire the injectors.
If you have access to Diags to... even better.

Megane dci 130
Fuel pump relay possibly. The fuel pump and coil pack are on the same circuit.does the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on?

172 ph 1/ 19 16v ph1
Right guys I got a new cps sensor and I got the updated one but it didn't come with the blue bit of the loom as well, but my black plug plugs in to it anyway so surly I don't need it? :S

C3 Picasso Beast
No it didn't then as I'm usually quite aware of what miles I've done to a tank and that...

Take it yours is???

SQ5
Yes it is, I'm changing the battery as I'm sure that's the root if that problem which may solve the non starting issue too!

Clio.
Right guys I got a new cps sensor and I got the updated one but it didn't come with the blue bit of the loom as well, but my black plug plugs in to it anyway so surly I don't need it? :S

Genuine Renault one? Shouldn't be able to plug the black original plug into a genuine blue-updated one. The reason for the updated sensor and loom is Renault used silver coatings on the original connectors, its the best conductor, but, it tarnishes so will build a resistance, enough for the management to not see its signal.
The new blue loom and sensor have gold plated connectors, not such a good conductor as silver, but will not tarnish.

Megane dci 130
You can't fit the old connector onto the new sensor. The pins will be the wrong way round and it physically won't push home.

Clio182Turbo&Clio1.2
Possibly a problem with the ECU. Get a diagnostic kit on it and see if it can read the ECU to tell you what is at fault, they only cost between £10-£15 on eBay!

Clio.
It's more than likely the tdc sensor and loom that is needed, genuine items fitted correctly.
Its unlikely the injection computer will go wrong from standing for 4 weeks.

FF Clio 182
Difference between the new style one and the old style is the old one only has one pickup point where the new one has 4. mine broke not long ago just put the old style on as it was about £30 cheaper and works. also the new one has a blue connector and the old is black.