ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio172turbo

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
hi just want to know if theres anybody out there with a clio172mk2/mk1 turbo convertion done?mines being done by bb tuning at the mo.:D

Mk1 16v
As far as i know you will be the only one apart from BB and Ktec. Correct me on that anyone!

When will you be expecting the car back?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
riche said:
As far as i know you will be the only one apart from BB and Ktec. Correct me on that anyone!

When will you be expecting the car back?
should be about 3-4wks frm now i hope! i put it in before crimbo-11/11/05! there having trouble getting the pisons frm germany(wossener)i miss it like crazy!

6/468 17poo
thats gonna be one rapid car!!!have to get pictures up asap when its all sorted, ive seen bb's work on there initial project and its top notch, hope ya keep the car for a long time to compensate cost of the conversion!!!

Ryan

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
they said with high boost conversion i can have upto 272bhp but i think they give you the car back to run it in on a lowwer boost program!then you take it back in to be re-programed.im gonna see how 240-250bhp goes then mybe ask for more latter

yeah, run it so it's relatively unstressed or you'd end up with a rather expensive pile of useless metal if it does let go! :S

Running-in is painfully slow anyway as you can't rag it all, so you just have to build up to using full power over time once it's run in. That way you should hopefully find that, even at low boost, it will still be mentally fast!

I'm not jealous.

Much... :(

lol :D

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
aint the first time iv had to run in something lol! its like a woman nice and slow to start then rag it at full pop!

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
^dont forget the backhand. look forward to seeing vids/pics of this, ross is going to need more power lol

I have been wondering if any one had or was getting a BB or KTec turbo conv. Fair play for the investment it will be a very very very fast clio.

250bhp, I would be more bothered about 250lb/ft torque!

Keep us posted on how you get on will be interested to know how long the gearbox lasts. What mileage is on your car?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
MarkM said:
I have been wondering if any one had or was getting a BB or KTec turbo conv. Fair play for the investment it will be a very very very fast clio.

250bhp, I would be more bothered about 250lb/ft torque!

Keep us posted on how you get on will be interested to know how long the gearbox lasts. What mileage is on your car?
bb said the gearbox is good for about 350bhp+the havent blown theres yet and there sure to thrash it! my milege is about 40,000

Nippy white cup
Lol I don`t think the gearbox is good enough for std power lol....good on you tho m8....will be a real beast!

Chris

Lionel Richie
BB's is a VERY tidy conversion, Andy took me out in it down in Surrey, it drove like a normal car up to around 3000rpm (IIRC) SERIOUSLY you wouldn't know it was turbo'd, UNTIL he put his foot down, effortless, el rapido

BMW 330d :)
With that sort of power you will need upgraded brakes, tyres at least! I get excessive wheelspin with a std 172 cup, I wouldnt like to see how much you will get with 250bhp min! Wheelspin at 80mph in 5th anyone?

And I would probably invest in a decent lsd to help get some of the power down!

Fraser

BG 182 FF
shiit thats some serious money....wont be gerin that any time soon, £60 a week haha ! id be s**t scared to drive it

172 gone :( 197 now :)
stevo172-250 said:
hi just want to know if theres anybody out there with a clio172mk2/mk1 turbo convertion done?mines being done by bb tuning at the mo.:D

You jammy git! :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
Sounds good, what colour is it, if I'm about I might pop by and spy on how it's coming on! hehe

16vturbolee

Im Off To Bb Tuning On Thursday For A Tune Up For The Pod So I Think I Will Get To See The 172turbo In Progress ;.)

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
damb i miss it! cant wait to get back!gonna run it in proper before i rag it so plenty time to think about lsd! how much will it cost to fit?

Lionel Richie
stevo172-250 said:
damb i miss it! cant wait to get back!gonna run it in proper before i rag it so plenty time to think about lsd! how much will it cost to fit?

if the engine is out, you're looking at around £300 to have the diff fitted to the box

Elise/VX220/R26
good luck to you m8 megane 225 power in a 172 shell will be awsome looking forward to seeing the results

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
this should be an awesome tool if it holds together like BB say.

:)

bravo for having the balls too son!