ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio182 OBDII port

Clio Sport 182
I want to buy a scantool so I can look at the DTCs. There are alot of scantools on the market, some cheap, some expensive - the cheaper ones only support one standard - so I need to know which one.

Apologies for slightly hijacking the thread, but does anyone know if the 172 Mk2 and 182 have a CAN bus on the car?

I'm looking for the powertrain CAN bus which is not used for diagnostics and therefore is unlikely to be broken out on the OBD port. It may be connected to the engine ECU, but I have been unable to find out any definite information.

JamesS said:
Apologies for slightly hijacking the thread, but does anyone know if the 172 Mk2 and 182 have a CAN bus on the car?

I'm looking for the powertrain CAN bus which is not used for diagnostics and therefore is unlikely to be broken out on the OBD port. It may be connected to the engine ECU, but I have been unable to find out any definite information.
I think it does.

Why would you want to see the readings.

Best computer software to use is the offical Renault Clip laptops.

Have you got any information on the spec of the CAN bus (high speed or low speed, baud rate) and also any idea where I can splice into the CAN bus to access it?

I work for a company who produce electronics for race cars and high performance road cars, and a lot of my work uses the CAN bus. I would like to put some of these systems onto my Clio just as an engineering exercise, and need to tap into the CAN bus.

I have all the tools necessary to read data straight off the CAN bus, just need to find out some basic information on it first.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Renault OBDII support is very basic, can is near impossible to access without access to high level info from renault.

I used to work for a diagnostic company, and none of our tools could get anything out of the obd port.

The ecu is a siemens jobby i think its a sirus unit, i did have a pinout floating around somewhere.

Tom,

If you're able to dig out the pinout, could you mail me with it so I can splice into the CAN bus on that connector?

Cheers

The 182 uses ISO 14230 also called KWP2000 for legislated diagnostic services and for the enhanced J2190 services as used by the CLIP.
Only the K-line is used for communication at 10400 baud.
The early 172 models, CB0M/ CB1C use ISO9141-2 which uses the L-line for initialisation and the K-line for communication.