ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio_mk1 - RYAN

do not deal with!

A liar and a cheat.

Do not trust or buy ANYTHING from him.

The RSI engine he sold is dodgy, I done a compresion test on it and number 2 is fucked.

But apparently he reckons I somehow magically done the damage!

This is his latest reply to the saga

I didnt touch the loom mate, it was removed by a machanic. I assumed it was all ok.

As for the number 2, when the engine was removed it was mis-firing at all, infact it was ticking over nicely. which is why the engine was sold as a PERFECT LOW MILER! becoz is was ffs! end of story mate! I have proof that engine was running fine a few days before it was delivered to Dougal, who also hasnt mentioned anything to me on msn about it! are you sure it wasnt you who fucked the number 2 and are trying to pass the blame?

Dont even think about asking me to pay anything, you will just be wasteing your time

Many thanks

Ryan

As we all know I had to exrtensivly repair the wiring loom as this idiot, opps sorry his mechanic was a f**king r****d and chipped nearly all the connectors off. If that was a mechanic then i have no idea how he can even start a car let alone repair it.

But he doesn't seem to realise I have forgotten more about engines than he will ever dream of knowing.

I fail to see how I could have damaged cyl 2.

1, 3 and 4 all show 190 PSI

cylinder 2 shows 110 PSi when oils added it raises up to 165 PSI peak.

Now the car this came from was obvuiously running rough and woudkl have been basically missfiring.

Its a simple mechanical FACT that it cannot have been running sweet and was mint.

Dougal (u33db) is more than a tad fucked off with this pillock as well, but dougals not said anything via msn so I'm lying.

I am sure dougal will post to this, here or on all the other foums I am gonna post it on.

To see how much of the loom I had to repair see

http://www.retro-renault.com/viewtopic.php?t=8097

you need to scroll down.

Bottom line, liar, cheat and thief. Do not trust at all ever

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Chris_H said:
Well today with my new compression tester I done a test on the car. More to see if the gauge worked than anything else. so it was a gypo test, throttle shut and cold.

Anyway 1, 2 and 3 al were around 185 PSI and 4 was 180 PSI. Which is EXCELLENT for a new engine engien never mind one with 104k on it.
Taken from RR.

Im confused :S you just said it was excellent now theres a problem?

Civic Vtec y0
You seem to forget that I have proof the engine was running when removed! It was ticking over all ok. I dont see why you have resulted to this? Possibily because you know I havnt done anything wrong and the only way to get back at me is to TRY and make a fool of me? Sorry but it just isnt going to work!

Its hardly a saga mate, I have only sent 2 PM's, not really what I class as a saga?

At the end of the day, when the engine was removed it was running fine. Thats what I know to be fact and thats what im sticking with!

Anyway 1, 2 and 3 al were around 185 PSI and 4 was 180 PSI. Which is EXCELLENT for a new engine engien never mind one with 104k on it.
I think you typed the truth there mate. You know fine well the engine is good! and the engine only has circa 80k on it, I can also prove that!

Oh and btw if its fucked...why are you trying to sell it on retro-renault as a good engine??

Thanks for making a thread about me! Really nice

Ryan

is that guy for real , i've dealt with ryan .................... no problems , :cool:
some ppl :quiet:

written quotation on demand

true but i think this matter needs to be resolved asap as either he's unreliable or some devastating defamation of character going on ............. i trust him as he was good in our deal .

mk5 VDUB polo
Clio_MK1 said:
You seem to forget that I have proof the engine was running when removed! It was ticking over all ok. I dont see why you have resulted to this? Possibily because you know I havnt done anything wrong and the only way to get back at me is to TRY and make a fool of me? Sorry but it just isnt going to work!

Its hardly a saga mate, I have only sent 2 PM's, not really what I class as a saga?

At the end of the day, when the engine was removed it was running fine. Thats what I know to be fact and thats what im sticking with!

I think you typed the truth there mate. You know fine well the engine is good! and the engine only has circa 80k on it, I can also prove that!

Oh and btw if its f**ked...why are you trying to sell it on retro-renault as a good engine??

Thanks for making a thread about me! Really nice

Ryan

i agree with this guy, you're a penis if you're trying to say one thing, posting a link to a site with evidence you thought the engine was 'excellent' and NOW you're actually trying to fob off this thing as a good engine yourself!? great way of putting you're point across.....

S2000
WTF are you talking about Clio_Mk1? The quote you put in above about the compression on each cylinder was written by chris about a totally different engine than the one in question here!!! If you have a look HERE you will see the actual advert chris made for this engine. In it he doesn't mention the running condition etc because at that time he hadn't had it running or done a compression test on it so had no reason to say it was a bad engine. I can almost guarantee he wouldn't try and sell it to anyone now without mentioning the problems with it because he is a decent guy at the end of the day. I don't know if you were aware of the problems or not, but at least take accurate quotes about the engine in question and not about an F7P engine that has nothing to do with this topic.

RENAULT 9
i still wonder what sort of proof clio_mk1 dude has ???
i mean surely a feckered engine cant tick over that nice now ,can it ??

ok idiots, if you actually read what hasd been typed then you woudl understand but you can't read thus don't understand.

The engine with the excellent compresions was the 16V not the RSI lump.

I was trying to sell the rsi lump as I took it on word from dougal that it was good. I decided to check it and its fucked.

As for the proof we are still all waiting for this magical proof ryan? You were asked to show proof yet you have not done so? Is this because it wasn't actually running anywhere near right?

For those jumping to ryans defense I have been aroudn a lot longer than him and have a million more satisfied scustomers than he can dream of, so you saying that I'm 'owned' or asking if I'm for real makes no sense to anyoen thats actually been on the scene for a while.

So to summarise hes a lying little prick and don't deal with the little theif.

thats only cos hes not managed to rob them or deliver totally fucked goods. I spent an age repairing the loom etc on the engine.

Just as well I took the easy route and just 16V'd it.

S2000
kullycliosport said:
sold as seen

fair enough you can say sold as seen, but that implies that everything you have said about it at that time is true and then any further faults it develops are not covered in any way. The faults talked about here aren't the sort of thing that couldn't just happen and must have been like that when sold. I'm happy to eat my words if proof comes along that the engine was running fine, but so far we have just heard there is proof, no one has seen it yet.

car? need a license 1st!
stop twining all of ya..

yeah u got a duff engine, I've had them in my time.. there's nothing u can do about it..

apart from get another one..

Civic Vtec y0
Thing that annoys me is that I didnt even sell him the engine! It was sold by me to Dougal (u33db) and then Dougal Sold it on to Chris in payment for work.

And when it was sold to Dougal it was running fine, I will hold my hand on my heart and swear to God that is the truth!

Never the less im not refunding any money...

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Chewy said:
stop twining all of ya..

yeah u got a duff engine, I've had them in my time.. there's nothing u can do about it..

apart from get another one..

Lol...

pmsl.....................still not resolved then , ryan tell em all to come and c me , i'll bend em over and give them a proper shafting , jesus , wot a bunch of pussies ...... :rasp:

I've just seen this.

It was me who originally bought the engine off Clio Mk1, and then exchanged it with Chris in return for some work on my old car.

Chris's skills with cars and his knowledge should not be in any doubt - he 100% knows his stuff...probably more than anyone on these forums IMO.

However, what is in doubt is wether Ryan knew the engine was a nail. Through good will and the fact he got a 'mechanic' to remove the lump i'd like to think he didn't but, regardless of this, the engine clearly was not as advertised IMO. Before taking into account Chris's compression test the following issues didn't exactly inspire confidence;

- engine was extremely grimy and pullys severly rusted (not consistant with low mileage/good condition),
- loom was slashed to bits (indicates lump taken out with zero care),
- lump was delivered with gear linkage still atached (further indicates lack of care/understanding by whoever removed it),
- Aux belt frayed (!) to the point it could be broken in two by hand (what happened to regular servicing?),
- both engine and box still contained full capacity of oil! (Try lifting that....)

As i said, i'd like to think Ryan didn't know but the fact remains that the engine is shafted. Now, if it was me and i sold something like that...knowingly or not...i'd be offering a refund or some kind of compensation if people came complaining...thats only fair IMO.

Needless to say i am a little annoyed as i exchanged the lump with chris for some hard graft so it now makes me look bad.

:(

Last edited: