ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's handling - Nearly DIED!!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine seems to do it easily but it is on uprated shocks and springs.

This pic was at 20-25moh round a 90 degree bend

john9.jpg

Im sure it would go up a lot more if Id actually been pushing it, will find out when the weather improves!

Megane 225 Cup
im surprised at this.. ive pushed my clio alot and its never given me anything to show it doesnt handle well.. id suspect it was just a fluke thing

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
In hairpins, you don't need to hit the apex, sometime you get a better release from a wider "Wet weather line"

rory182 said:
check the shockers they burst every few months on my clio

I was going to say the same thing.

get your suspension checked, as i've had a 1.2 clio, and i pushed that very hard, and never once got it to lift off on the roads.

You either hit a pot hole that kicked it up, or your suspension broke!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
not being an 'amature' but how do you know if one of the wheels ave lifted off the ground? i get a lot of what seems to be the car going sideways? i drive my clio pretty hard but i dont think ive ever lifted! i will get my bro to follow me in his golf and we will see! maybe cos its been lowered?
Hon

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Well the 182 is stiffer than the 172, that's why you never heard about it in the 172 write ups.

People like posting pictures of their heroic three wheeled moments, but at the end of the day it just shows the limitation of the rear's set up. Wouldn't see a CTR do it (double wishbones).

Monaro VXR
I drove my 1.2 hard could never get the rear wheel to lift. Unless i went over a bump mid corner then the whole back end just used to feel like it lifted and twitched sideways a bit. (hard to explain) But i thought for what is basically a city car the handling was bloody good for a stock car.

Driven puntos rover 25's and a few other cars that are similar size non felt as nice round the corners as my clio did. and a C3 is positively scary around any corner.

3 wheeling is possible these pictures were taken with the car on some worn tyres as well and not showing off (can make it higher).

Attachments

• 2006.03.25-bf.486.jpg
    2006.03.25-bf.486.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2006.03.25-bf.169.jpg
    2006.03.25-bf.169.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 14
  Black 172
I think as said above you either hit summat or maybe it is the suspension i used to have a 1.2 although i dont think i drove it "hard" although that depends on what your opinion of driving a car hard is. I have been on track in different cars and i would not have thought a standard 1.2 clio is gonna 3 wheel around a corner unless its being hammered, as after all it aint set up to be hammered around corners ( unless it is midded of course )

I aint slagging you off i am just saying cos i had a 1.2