ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clios on watchdog now

The Beast MK4
Happened to my 99 Grande. As Fred say copper grease however I clean it with WD-40 first and get rid of all the rust. Really is a pish design!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
oh i gave mine amassive tug and its solid and does not seem to have any rust.

ive got a 05 182

GR7

Shiny red R32
Watchdog reckon they have had over 1,000 complaints about bonnets flying up!
The previous time it was shown on Watchdog I asked my local garage if they have ever had any and they said they hadn't but they apparently always grease bonnet, boot and door catches on all of the cars they work on.

GR7

Shiny red R32
Maybe some of these drivers put the bonnet down too gently and it doesn't click in properly!

I bet Renault dealers dread this programme and are hoping they don't have to correct the cars' catches!

leon cupra R
renault on watchdog

mk2 bonnets fliping open whilst driving ????
bonnet catchs are dodgy
for wot ive just cought whilst switching over to it anyone else watching it

MINI Cooper S
That stupid b**ch in the astra shouldn't of been so close to the fuckin clio! then she wouldn't of had to swerve and break her back! If u cant shut a bonnet properly, u shouldnt be on the road!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Re: renault on watchdog

lol you not noticed the other thread?

GR7

Shiny red R32
1000 clio's out of how many made?
There must be millions of Clios on the road and I bet some of those people are exaggerating... just to hopefully get on the programme! How many members are there on here and what % have had it happen to them?

Monaco Blue 172
have to agree, i don't see how a bonnet is going to suddenly "fly open" unless u haven't bothered to shut it properly and CHECK!

wouldn't be the first time i've ever seen someone driving about with their bonnet sticking up cos they pulled the bonnet release instead of the boot (of course i'm not talking about clios now). Hell some people can't even shut their DOORS properly...!

Clio Trophy
I have had a lot of difficulty in getting my bonnet open! is that the same issue, has anyone else had that problem?

Monaco Blue 172
I have had a lot of difficulty in getting my bonnet open! is that the same issue, has anyone else had that problem?
yeah i had trouble when i first got mine. the trick is not to lift it too high at first, just enough to get ur finger in and pull the handle

Lionel Richie
yeah the spring is rubbish

the entire mechanism is a bit rubbish, but it works as long as you keep it WD40'd