ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport 172 2003

Clio 172 FF
Hi just brought a 2003 172 had it 2 days and loving it just a few little things i want to ask the car slightly pulls to the left and the exhaust is spluttering a little bit like every 30 seconds is this normal?hope you guys can be helpfull cheers Gary:cool:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Could be torque steer if its under acceleration? if not then might be uneven tyre wear or tracking maybe.
Don't think the spluttering is normal, mine doesn't do it.

Clio 172 FF
No not torque steer mate just normal driving yeah could be tracking.
The exhaust makes like 2 little pop pop sounds every 30 seconds could this be the exhaust going?Also the clutch seems quite heavy but never drove one before are they all like that cheers

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Clutches are heavy and have a high bite point. Are you using a standard exhaust or is it a stainless? I know my standard one fell apart about 2-3 months after I got it. Stainless is your best bet if that's the case.

Clio 172 FF
Totally standard car mate just brought it 1 lady owner 36,000 miles on a 2003 yeah could be a new exhaust then? glad the clutch is fine though.

So what do you guys recommend for the exhaust?
Whats the best for performance gains?
Also whats the best first performance mods to do see a lot of ppl get these ing filters and remap where can you get this done?

clio 172
leak in the exhaust system..hence the poping and banging.

summat to do with the mix of hot and cold air.