ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 ClioSport Festival 2023 - Book Tickets Now!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
if you're worrying about the weather already mate, get yourself a set of used wets.

Somehow that website manages to make even the new tires look completely fucked.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
if you're worrying about the weather already mate, get yourself a set of used wets.

Ive got road tyres for wet use. Just avoiding taking wheels with me as dont want to leave over a grands worth of compomotives sat about whilst on track (not that i dont trust anybody from cs but never know what public is kicking about). Struggle to fit them in the kangoo anyway its that small!

Ill prob go on cup2 or A048 m/h. If it rains, it rains bollox to it

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Highly unlikely my car will be ready for this. So I’ve either got to buy something to make use of my track ticket and I can also use to enjoy the roads on the way there (risky with an unknown car) or sell the track time and just drive up in the truck.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got road tyres for wet use. Just avoiding taking wheels with me as dont want to leave over a grands worth of compomotives sat about whilst on track (not that i dont trust anybody from cs but never know what public is kicking about). Struggle to fit them in the kangoo anyway its that small!

Ill prob go on cup2 or A048 m/h. If it rains, it rains bollox to it
What’s the dates on the 48s?

I’ll be on 52s so I’ll see you at an Armco if it rains …

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Highly unlikely my car will be ready for this. So I’ve either got to buy something to make use of my track ticket and I can also use to enjoy the roads on the way there (risky with an unknown car) or sell the track time and just drive up in the truck.
Use the truck.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
You fitted 5 different driveshafts 3 hrs before coming last time. You could build a whole new car in the time we have.

Sort your s**t Daniel.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What needs to be done with your car?
Hydraulic clutch conversion. I have all the parts but it’s never been done on a Mk1 with a 172 box as far as I can see. I’m also on holiday for the next 10 days.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
What’s the dates on the 48s?

I’ll be on 52s so I’ll see you at an Armco if it rains …
2017 iirc. Been stored right so all good. Not arsed about a wet one on semi slicks as done plenty of wet days in the extra on r888, just cant get the power down.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is the clutch currently fucked? Could you run it with the cable system and then mince about after CSF?

Would be well sad not seeing it buzz past me on track :(
No, the gearbox casing is flexing. And I’m pretty sure you’ll all punch me repeatedly if it explodes and dumps oil all over the place.
Not a great scenario for a moderator of the worlds finest automotive gathering.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why is the gearbox case flexing? Is it a 182 box?

So to fix it you are fitting a new box and hydraulic clutch setup?
The 172 clutch cable is too long. The 16v cable is too short.
So I’ve used a 172 cable but packed the end of it out with a spacer. That spacer has caused the pivot point to move meaning it’s putting stress where it shouldn’t.
Basically, fitting a gripper diff to my car was the worst thing I ever did. I mean it’s great when it’s working, but at every other opportunity it’s a pain in the balls. I should have ignored everyone and just fitted a Quaife. Which I will do when funds allow.
But for the time being, a hydraulic clutch conversion means I can mount it much more solidly and it will (99% sure anyhow) solve the issue.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get a steel bracket made to bolt to the box to reinforce the cable pivot point. Seen it done to repair them when broken.
That’s going to be my back up if my hydraulic idea doesn’t work.
I’ve actually got an old table made of really nice box section ready to sacrifice. 😂