ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Festival 2024 Picture Thread

Some build this @scruffydubber (y) Not sure of the full spec, but it goes very well indeed. @JamesBryan mentioned its a 1.8T VAG conversion with 280hp and Gripper? What other mods? suspension etc... Even if I'd ditched the passenger and my slicks were up to temp there still would've been no chance. I'd need at least an extra 50hp to keep pace.

Not sure who was in the other Clio but this also went very well.

If you both have any pics of your cars on the day send them over and I'll create a thumbnail for YouTube.

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
Some build this @scruffydubber (y) Not sure of the full spec, but it goes very well indeed. @JamesBryan mentioned its a 1.8T VAG conversion with 280hp and Gripper? What other mods? suspension etc... Even if I'd ditched the passenger and my slicks were up to temp there still would've been no chance. I'd need at least an extra 50hp to keep pace.

Not sure who was in the other Clio but this also went very well.

If you both have any pics of your cars on the day send them over and I'll create a thumbnail for YouTube.

Oh wow, that video is great. I'm never organised enough to setup a camera, thank you.

Remember you being quite the peddler on track last year, fair doos.

Yeah the clio is a 1.8t with a gripper. It's probably around 315bhp at 18psi. It's built to run more, but I dont think theres a need.

Chassis wise - Front, Laguna hubs, pms roll centre kit, as much castor as possible AST dampers.
Rear PMS strengthening kit, Sachs clio cup racer 4 rear dampers.
300mm pms discs willwood calipers.

I saved this picture that someone else took (thank you) I didn't take any 😬

Next year we'll have to catchup.

Attachments

• received_1179579753317423.jpeg
    received_1179579753317423.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Oh wow, that video is great. I'm never organised enough to setup a camera, thank you.

Yeah the clio is a 1.8t with a gripper. It's probably around 315bhp at 18psi. It's built to run more, but I dont think theres a need.

Chassis wise - Front, Laguna hubs, pms roll centre kit, as much castor as possible AST dampers.

Did you say you reckoned it's sub 900kg now?

It looked rapid down the back straight!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Was it your Clio with the slick that looked like it had been sliced open and wrapped the cords round your hub? 😂

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
Did you say you reckoned it's sub 900kg now?

It looked rapid down the back straight!

I last weighed it at 920kg with trimmed out metal panels. Since then it's had the composite doors, bonnet, boot, boot floor and also quite a weight saving with the brake discs and calipers. I need to weigh it again but it has to be getting close to 800kg
That BAM Clio looked the fastest thing on track by some margin. Even that stupidly loud bike engined thing (sorry I don’t know who you are). Clio looked faster. Awesome car
Oh wow thank you. It's means a lot to hear someone say that.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
We (TurboRenault) are just working thorugh the pics from Nick the photographer, will be available soon for you all to peruse. There's 1661 photos in total :) and they are really, really good!

Full res un-watermarked will be up for sale (cheap enough for you not to mind) with the proceeds to the CSF 2024 charity.

x53887058781_1b407b5a15_o_RS.jpg

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Fair play you were flying, possibly the only car I had a problem keeping up with all day 😂
Wanted to come and have a nose at it but didn't catch a break!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sadly didn't get many pictures and decided not to run Vbox all day as I knew I'd chase times. Did pop it on for a few laps at the end of the day with my good lady in the passenger seat! Was on for a low 1:14 on the costal but got held up, after that I called it a day as the left tyres were shot and I was already fighting for grip in places! Might be a few of you in the video though 👍

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The synchronised looks at 40 seconds in 😂 👏
We were both laughing at how lively the backend was 😂
I got out of your way every time, fair play to the marshalls they were pretty quick and on it with the blue flags
It was appreciate brother and didn't go unnoticed. Always a pleasure sharing the track with you ❤️

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
Fair play you were flying, possibly the only car I had a problem keeping up with all day 😂
Wanted to come and have a nose at it but didn't catch a break!
Thank you, much appreciated. I suspect it's abit more forgiving than the Caterham. 🙂

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
A few photos from the weekend,not sure what the quality will be like as ive had to convert them.So message me if you would like the proper photo.

Awesome weeknd & will have to camp next time.

View attachment 1704277View attachment 1704278View attachment 1704279View attachment 1704280View attachment 1704281View attachment 1704282View attachment 1704285View attachment 1704286View attachment 1704287View attachment 1704288
Great shots, thank you very much! I love the angle you got of mine, even though its broken in that shot and I've gone off in a hump 😂

Who was the chap with the Teg? Is he on here?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate,oh what happened?.

Was a mate of mine and no not on the forum.He thought it was a great day and one of the best track days he has done.
I was chatting to him a little bit as he left - seemed a really nice chap and his car was flying!

Nothing major, I dropped the oil filler cap behind the block and couldn't get it out without removing all the stupid undertray stuff, then later had a gearbox leak... all good, just annoying.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks mate,oh what happened?.

Was a mate of mine and no not on the forum.He thought it was a great day and one of the best track days he has done.
We had a good play, our cars/driving were pretty evenly matched and it was great swapping around. Only spoke to him briefly but seemed a real nice guy.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
We had a good play, our cars/driving were pretty evenly matched and it was great swapping around. Only spoke to him briefly but seemed a real nice guy.
Yeah he did mention this & thought oh f**k when you let him pass as the pressure was on him then.Very Cool clio you have mate love it.