ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Recognition...

I was thinking today about how mini owners always flash/wave to each other on the roads but obviously that would be stupid with a clio because most people who own them own them because theyre cheap and not through choice like us cliosporters do. then i was thinking of a way of recognising a cliosporter on the road. obviously there are the rear window stickers that we have but theres not much good flashing a cliosporter from behind as they wont know that you are a cliosporter. then i was thinking of the John cooper works kit. That comes with a small john cooper works badge which is stuck on the lower grill on the passenger side.

Does anyone think this would be a good thing and put one a a cliosport enamel badge on their car? If theres enough interest maybe we could get some made up and sell them through the club?

what do you think?

Quote: Originally posted by Day172 on 25 February 2005
How about yellow washer jet nozzle covers? :p

Hey. It would be a subtle badge. It wouldnt look chav at all! Id make sure of it!

BMW X5

didnt we already have this sorta discussion bout a week ago, someone sticking a sport badge on the front of their car?

Most agreed it didnt look rite for some reason?

Dave

Ziel Nurburgring

How about the renaultsport badges across the lower fron spoiler just below the main grill? Think it would look awful

EVO style sticker just where the rear view mirror is? That would make sense I think. Yellow, blue and red lines representing Renaultsport or something. Like the Columbia flag and that.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Chris n Nic posted a topic on here about "Gaydars" which we could use. Chris has recently come out of the closet and was tellin me that him and his new "man friends" carry a little electrical device that bleeps when they come into contact with each other, to let them know they are within each others company so they can make contact. If we fit these "gaydars" into our clios and call them "cliodars" we will know when another clio member is on the same road as us ;) :p

Why not have a wee 182 sign in the grill like the gti badge on the golf! then we can all give each other a wee wave!!

great idea

this thread is funny !

when ever im in my valver, people with them & williams always flash me & give it the thumbs up (they arent even on here !) they are just random clio owners !

i do too to most 16vs & williams i see as well, some smile & wave but others dont have a clue.

one dude even flashed me coming the other way in his valver ( i guess he spotteed the bonnet bulge)

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 25 February 2005
What about a Motif on the side of the number plate - were the euro badge usually goes ?

the plate idea is a good one actually. some on here have already got cliosport plates i think. i was thinking of getting some but i cant really be bothered to be honest.

Ive got a ClioSport sunstrip...thing is i know 99% of the people in my area, and recoginse them and their cars, there really arent enough of us to use that alot...ive been flashed once by a valver comming the other way when the spotted the sunstrip

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 25 February 2005
<SCRIPT language=javascript></SCRIPT>How about if we all drive round in the buff?

Sounds good to me...not good in this cold weather tho...things will shrivel up

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 25 February 2005
Ive got a ClioSport sunstrip...thing is i know 99% of the people in my area, and recoginse them and their cars, there really arent enough of us to use that alot...ive been flashed once by a valver comming the other way when the spotted the sunstrip

Whered you get the sunstrip made? Im after another sunstrip and only ones I can find are the ones with kenwood and that sh1te on