ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioTurbo

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
I've decided to keep my car, at the end of the day it's worth a lot to me, I spent a fair bit of money having it built and it's not worth a lot in second hand terms. I'm going to have a bit of work done on the engine, for a track car do you think that ITB's, Supercharger or Turbo is the way to go? At the moment I'm leaning towards a turbo from Andyrg, at what point does the Clio become unmanageable in terms of power?

I would assume that I need to factor in an LSD , 4/6 pot brakes, uprated gearbox into the budget, I've also got a standard exhaust, again I would assume that I need to upgrade this. I feel an urge to go Stage 3, has anyone had this done, could you let me know your thoughts?

This will all have to be kept secret from the missus, anyone got any suggestion on what I can tell her about why I'm taking the car up norf from Essex, I don't think getting it serviced is going to cut it..

Last edited:
  MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Out of interest, is there anyone else that offers the Turbo service for the same sort of price that is based down south?

RB Clio 182
I got a quote off engine dynamics, it was £3400 fully fitted for the low boost conversion, Andy's low boost is £2950, i have gone for Andy's kit 2 with the uprated clutch, pistons and rods and the belts changing because they are due in march anyway.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Andy is high boosting mine at the moment.
Should have it back in a few weeks, I'm
In Southend mate if you want have a look
When it's back

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
250bhp/250lbft or there abouts seems to fit so well with the clio chassis that it would have made sense from the factory.
A quaiffe diff is a good idea if going for more. (or a VW box swap with a quaiffe in that)

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Andy is high boosting mine at the moment.
Should have it back in a few weeks, I'm
In Southend mate if you want have a look
When it's back

That would be great mate, what spec did you go for? How did you get the car to him?