ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cloned clio's

clio Mk2 P1 punto1.4
Right ill start by saying im not trying to step on anyone's toes here, just making an observation. Ive been reading through some project threads, seeing what cars people have been working with, what mods people use etc etc. An if you ever see anything diverse or a bit different, its suddenly inundated with comments saying change this, do that, and they all seem to point toward the same mods.

It just seems some members are hell bent in making clio's all the same. So many rules on dont do this, dont put that on.
I know people ask for opinions and people are well within their right to give criticism, it just seems anything a bit different gets tons of abuse. I thought modding was about making a car unique to the driver, different from others? I dont know if im alone in this and i mean no offence to any members of the forum, just voicing an opinion.

Turinis, RS Grill, Silvervisions, 172 bumper "or don't bother" :L

It's the same on all forums mate, there are the elitist views.

Do what you want, if you like it then good. If other people don't then so be it, it's not their car to worry about.

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Nick... who gives a flying F**K what anybody thinks of YOUR car?

It's your car, so your rules. If people don't like it tough s**t... about 90% of people would never say it to your face just on fourms and behind your back.

Do your own thing even if people hate it or love it...

002705.jpg

Probably wouldn't post that on here though :L

Suzuki Jimny
Proves my point nicely. f**king s**t. Would rather put a fork in my eye than drive that.

Clio 182
Maybe because all the cars that are made to look 'unique' are f**king s**t.

:approve: True this

Claiming its 'Unique' is normally the result of a hard to reverse mod that you thought would be great and turned out swag, or was always going to be swag and thought it would be alright

However of course sometimes the new things can be immense, I was well amused by some Citroen washer jets that I saw on here..

clio Mk2 P1 punto1.4
Yeah i wasn't being specific, i just wanted to see what people thought about it, I think yeah their are elitist views which are inherent in most forums or groups in society. They set a bar or level of ways things should be done and if you don't come up to scratch then don't bother. An of course im still going to mod my car how i want, just wanted to see what people thought about the issue

clio Mk2 P1 punto1.4
Proves my point nicely. f**king s**t. Would rather put a fork in my eye than drive that.

See i think thats nice, i mean in all honesty id rather drive a different car, but with a mortgage, student debts, girlfriend etc you have to make the best of what you have got. I guess you can only work within your limits

Disastra Coupe
The example like above though is one of the more extreme examples though.

A different set of wheels can look nice to the usual 2118's/Turinis etc. I do 100% agree with what the OP say's and i must admit this is by far one of the most boring forum's i've been on regard's the look of the car's. They're all pretty much the same! Lol.

But 2118's/Turinis do look good and i think that's why folks go with them. Playing it safe.

Not true at all IMO. As someone already said, the majority of "different" Clios like the one posted above look complete and utter w*nk.

There are a few that have appeared on here that are heavily modified show-worthy cars and are loved by nearly everybody, but they're tasteful and done properly, not a slap on bodykit that doesn't fit.

Thing is the Clio is an old car now, 90% of mods are tried and tested. So people know what works and what does not.

Hence..... Silver visons, Turinis etc etc as they look good, problem is every other fcuker has already done it 5yrs ago.

clio Mk2 P1 punto1.4
Not true at all IMO. As someone already said, the majority of "different" Clios like the one posted above look complete and utter w*nk.

There are a few that have appeared on here that are heavily modified show-worthy cars and are loved by nearly everybody, but they're tasteful and done properly, not a slap on bodykit that doesn't fit.

In your opinion, their owners may feel differently, I dunno what im striving for here, some agreed acceptance of difference, but then again this is the internet. Ive made my point anyway, and shall continue to drive with my mudflaps on lol