ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cloths for wax application

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
What would you lads recommend?

Not too fussed about having the best on the market, as cleaning cars doesn't interest me at all. Just want something that can do a good job.

Cheers.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i used some megs micro fiber even finish pads on friday worked a treat

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Also depends on the wax...And size of tub. I still think the German Applicator is the best. But you need a bigger tub of wax tbh.

182 & Porsche 986
i'm not a lad... however the foam pads seem to work or the round cloth pads, similar ones on cleanyourcar are in tesco ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i dont like megs pads, they crumble etc, look at any other foam applicator,

If you are not fussed, go into halfords as they sell decent enough pads for wax and sealent application and I can't remember them being that expensive.

Jamie

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Megs fell apart on me I used the clean your car ones £1 each exactly the same.
Little spritz of qd or filtered water for nice thin layers of wax.

I have about 20 of them (stock at halfrauds put them down to bugger all in price)

Most have been used for the last two years and are still fine, the tyre gels ones are getting shagged, but that is strong useage!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I use 49p sponges cut up into 4 pieces for tyre gel!
Minted tbh. Remove with tyre/wheel specific microfibres.
Throw away the spong bits once used a couple of times.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replys everyone. Probably just going to get the megs pads from halfords as there is one about 2 minutes away.