ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunk Clunk Boooom!!! But why!!

Car  White Evo V
I went down to the pod today for my first time on the 1/4mile. 5 runs in I was just getting into it and this happened, I set off from the line giving it some and heard a sort of juddering noise, thought it was just the wheels trying to spin so I didnt ease off, then all of a sudden the car comes to a holt and cuts out. I go to start it and the most awefull sound ive ever heard came from it, I tried to move the gearknob and its solid. oil everywhere underneath!! the clutch has gone weird, feels like it isnt compressing and when you push it the car is like its still in gear, even with the clutch down! Just a few questions: 1. Did i do something wrong or was something on its way out? 2. What do you think has gone? 3. How much roughly for the parts? 4. is a 14.9 good!!!! LOL
 
OOOPS, that sounds V expensive.
You could run a book on what it is though.

Timing belt.
Flywheel come loose.
Engine seized.
Gearbox blown up.

The options are endless.

Good news is your time doesn't sound bad ......

Unlucky mate.
 
If stuck in gear i'd say you have thrown the diff through the case so you won't even be able to get a recon on your box. Gis a shout if you need a box fitting ;)

Paul
 
Back
Top