ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clunk clunk

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
does any1 know the answer to this? when i accelerate i get a clunking noise
from the nearside front wheel area & when i brake!! this only happens when hardley moving. any1? cheers

cheers i forgot 2 say what car. sport 172 02. is that all it could be cause im gettin a bit fed up

Black Clio GT
that would be my guess mate but with out hearing the noise i couldnt tell you for sure!!

have you also checked you wheel nuts are tight enough??

No I Have'nt Mate But It Clunks When I Turn Left When The Car Is Staitonary
About Half Way Through The Turn It Does Once & Then When I Turn The Wheel Back Again!

Impreza P1
Hello mate had a similar noise when i first got my 172 cup back in December, took it to renault's and it was the Engine mount just underneath the Battery was under it's Torque settings. Made a horrible Clunk Clunk noise but it was a 5 minute job to remedy.

Does it make the noise when you accelerate hard and then brake. Then pull off slowly and make the same noise. If it is get it sortyed though mate it'll only get worse.

Yes Mate Exactly That When I Pull Away Slowly & Brake But Dont Understand Why It Would Do This When Turning The Wheel When Stationary

Impreza P1
No mate thats the only querie i had, if you live near a renault garage drive there and get a mechanic to jump in it and give it a wurl. He knew wat it was within a few seconds mate.

Sorry cant help you any more mate i know a bit about cars but not an expert. (Train engineering is a bit different to cars lol)

Any news let me know , but i believe the mount thing is common due to the renault mounts not being good. and as the engine is quite torquey it can cause mounts to loosen?

:D

No Worry's Mate Thanks For Your Help Atleast Ive Got Some Idea Where To Look Now!! :d

I had this problem on my valver. You'd never guess it. Door hinge pin. It took my local garage 3 hours to suss it but it's never clunked since. Saying that it could be different for you. But its only a couple of quid (unless you get stitched up for an hours labour like me)