ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunking noise on Coilovers / springs

Hi all.

I have a clio 182 FF, everytime I get it tracked then the tracking goes out again within 2 weeks.
When I turn the wheels the springs clunk, I had a look by taking the alloys off and couldn't find anything loose. Some days it clunks alot and sometimes it doesn't.

It seems to me that it's more on the left suspension spring.
I have coilovers on them (previous owner) but I can't find a make or brand label on it.
It also has solid k-tec top mounts (not rubber)

What would you suggest I do to diagnose it?

Tyres/alloys are OK.

Not sure if they work the same as the pms top mounts but mine were clunky and had to change the bearings in them. Someone else might have a better idea about the Ktec top mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might actually be right.

Although I dont know how it all fits together.

Looking at ktecs website they do say that it comes with replacement bearings.

I just thought they were like a block of metal and never contemplated on how the suspension actaully fits on to it. Im going to try finding pics of top mounts and aee how the bearings get replaced.

Thanks

What do you mean by tracking goes out every 2 weeks ? Did you actually check the tracking and confirmed the toe is changing, or just the steering seems off center?
If it's the latter, it could be your steering rack bushes.

What do you mean by tracking goes out every 2 weeks ? Did you actually check the tracking and confirmed the toe is changing, or just the steering seems off center?
If it's the latter, it could be your steering rack bushes.

I think youre right. In going ti get some new steering rack bushes as well. No harm in replacing them even if theyre ok. Car has done 92k miles so better replacing them now anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk