ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunking Noise

Black 182
When reversing out of drive/car parking space and I turn the wheel anti clockwise I get a bit of a clunking noise - I think its going to be something like a track rod end ball joint but could it be something else??

1.4i MK2 Clio RT
I had a clunking noise on full lock, it started faint, but got louder and louder until you could feel it under ur feet grindin, at this point i was sh*ttin myself, took it to a garage and it was just a wheel bearing

Mine is going in next tuesday to have the steering rack bushes replaced, does the noise only happen when the engine is cold?, if so, this was the recommended cure from renaultsport technical.

cheers stu

Black 182
yes its definately worse when the engine is cold and then stops after the engine has warmed up - if the weather is warmer as well it does seem to do it as bad - its done 31,000 miles btw