ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunking Suspension

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
Got a funny clunking noise coming from my drivers side front and rear suspension. Mainly from the bank, sounds like metal hitting metal. Had a quick look under neath but cant see anything blindingly obvious.

Is this likely to be a shock absorber on the way out?.

If so how much do they cost to get done?

Cheers
Dave

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could be the exhaust? Rear shocks are break all the time on 1*2 apparently, but there cheap.

as far as i know its still standard suspsension and not lowered. i bought it second hand but doesnt look there is anything in the history referring to lowering springs and it doesnt look lowered.

exhaust may be worth a look.

if not looks like its some new shocks then.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Might be your shocks bud. I had the same problem, it was because my shocks were standard and springs were very short. I'm replacing my shocks soon to spax

looking like its the shocks then by the looks of it. will have a proper look during the weekend.

thanks guys

02' PH1 172
i had the same thing. My front left shock was leaking.. check if you have alot of oil around your wheel and shock area..