ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Cable Bolt/Bracket

172 ff
Hi, on way home from work, clutch pedal came up slowly after a gear change, then when changed gear down again the clutch pedal went to the floor,
called AA out, had a look underneath the air filter box, and the clutch cable was there unbolted, what i mean is there was a bolt which was balanced on the gearbox.
There was a black bracket type thing that appears to attach to the top of the gearbox ok, so he put the black bracket thing which is attached to the clutch cable onto the top of the gearbox (where there is a large bolt hole) on the right and put a locking nut on the left side of the hole (hope this makes sense)
anyway anyone had this happen to them? and do i need to take it in for Renault to check?
anyone got the schematic diagram (the exploded inventory thing) that shows this area under the air filter on top of the gear box?
Thanks
Scott

Was the braket thingie all rubberby?
I'm not sure realy what you mean but I'd take it to Renault to check its underwarently anyway.

172 ff
no i think it was metal it was on the end of the outer clutch cable, and attached or appeared to attach to a chunk of metal that stuck out on top of the gearbox with a botl through it, will take it into Renault weekend

Last edited: