ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch cable

My clutch cable snapped the other week and I managed to convince the AA guy to make me a temp one instead of towing me (he didnt think it was a roadside fix when he first looked at it).

Thing is I really need to replace the temp fix with a proper cable, if only because if it snaps again the AA wont help me out. Is it an easy job to replace the cable with a proper renault one or will I have the job of replacing the cable housing and routing it through the bulk head etc?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

make sure you note the route of the old cable first. If you cant see where the new cable enters the footwell, part of the old cable might still be attached - a hard plastic bit that pushes through from the engine side. Make sure you feed it correctly over the pedal and it should be fine. should take less than an hour if you take care.

clio 20v

the cables about 15 quid from reno

but its quite hard to route you need it on ramps really to get it through into the footwell

its not hard just make sure you get it on the pedal right

clio williams, Ph1 172

Its not easy mate. I got someone to do mine for me and I had to help him. It was basically ok until you have to pass the end of the cable into the car. The hole to get it through is tiny and you cant see f**k all.

If you can get someone else to do it let them. It cost me 15 quid for the cable and £20 to fit. Been fine since. BTW is this a common fault as I have a receipt from the previous owner who had one fitted and I had one like 8 months later.

Thanks guys, i might take it to a garage then!

Paul16v, Ive heard of a few people having this problem. Maybe more common on the phase 1 16v though because I heard they changed the routing on the phase 2.