ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Cable

Last friday night my clutch cable snapped, managed to get it sorted on the saturday though. Now i am having problems sometimes getting it to go in gear, im sure i have heard previous posts about cables snapping and people have replaced the clutch pedal as well, were those people suffering from the same problem that im experiencing or is it a case that either the gearbox or the clutch is on its way out?

-Scott

Most probably incorrectly fitted cable or the wrong length. I think someone on here found his was too long compared to a genuine reanault part.

Also check the self adjusting mech is working properly. You are actually supposed to grease the notches so it catches properly.

I dont think its the cable though because i havent got the problem all the time, if the cable was to long i would have problems everytime i change gear but im not, it is also a genuine renault part.

Cheers

-Scott

Mr2 Roadster

I had probs with my R5 1.7 cable, went to Renault and it was £15 for a genuine one... And fitted straight away...

This is easy to sort out.. im the clutch cable king as far as these things go.. i have enough snap on me. if you search some of the old topics on clutch cables you will find a few of my posts on it.

The Clio16v has an automatic clutch adjuster, to get it to work correctly you need to remove the green stopper that the clutch pedal rests when engaged. Let the pedal come all the way up (adjuster will click like mad) replace the clip and you should now be fine.

James.

Problem solved mine did that bought a new cable and pedal from renault fitted it properly removing the green plastic thing to let the mechanism tighten put it back on and the car struggled to get gears some days ok others bad.

Result - Clutch shattered into four pieces a day later while racing craggys VTS

Renault said that was a sign of the clutch plate warping