ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch just packed in...

Mk2 ph1 clio
With no previous sign.. no slipping at all.

Have been driving around town today, fine no problems.

Went out earlier on and it was still fine.. pulled away with no problems.

I changed into second.. went to accelerate and the revs just shot up but the speed stayed the same.. then a few seconds later is finaly started to speed up.

Im hoping it was the cable as its probably going to be an expensive job for the clutch! Gonna have a look tomorrow at the cable but.. sounds f*cked?

anyone got any ideas before i book it in for a whole new clutch.

C

clvs2222

what model have you got?

new clutch for a 1.2 will be around £200 fitted, for a 172 it will be about £400 fitted. so bit of a difference.....

Mental 172 Cup
thats exactly how the clutch went on my ph2 1.2!

no signs before and changed into 2nd n that was the end of that!

never replaced the cable just did the clutch :D

Mk2 ph1 clio
yeah its just the 1.2 but still £200 3 weeks after payday is a hefty sum to cough up!

Was hanging outo a bit of hope it was just the cable!

Was really weird, no slipping before hand.. car has 110k on the clock and in the history theres no sign of a clutch being done so i guess it's about time! :rolleyes:

C

clvs2222

its probily had it done sometime in its life mate. 110k on a sigle clutch is a big ask. lucky you aint got a evo, my mates changed his 2 times in the last 8k miles and it currently sitting on his dive waiting for another one. lol

Mk2 ph1 clio
its probily had it done sometime in its life mate. 110k on a sigle clutch is a big ask. lucky you aint got a evo, my mates changed his 2 times in the last 8k miles and it currently sitting on his dive waiting for another one. lol

lol two of my mates have them, a 6 rsx and a 4! Had them a few years and no clutches yet! ...yet! hah.

Well time to ring round for the best price i reckon!!