ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch price difference ?

Phase1 172
Right just getting quotes for a clutch kit for my phase 1, euros want £79 for a LUK kit , gsf are askin 150 for a Valeo , I know there's contrevercy regarding the luk clutches , I fitted a fair few in the past with no issues ? Are they really as bad as they general consensus suggests ? 70 quid difference is quite a bit .. However . I'm not looking to do the job twice ..

Phase1 172
Ok guys that's cool , cheers . But my question still stands , are luk clutches that inferior in comparison ?

Mec 350 slk manual
Right just getting quotes for a clutch kit for my phase 1, euros want £79 for a LUK kit , gsf are askin 150 for a Valeo , I know there's contrevercy regarding the luk clutches , I fitted a fair few in the past with no issues ? Are they really as bad as they general consensus suggests ? 70 quid difference is quite a bit .. However . I'm not looking to do the job twice ..
I take it you fixed the gearbox then

Mec 350 slk manual
That's good news , just done the uprated engine & gearbox mounts and now the car is starting to idle all over the shop ,

Mec 350 slk manual
Throttle body issue ?
All that was done was take the air box & battery off to get to the gear box mount taken that off put the uprated one on put the battery and air box back on and now it started to over rev , must be a air leak , check it tomorrow .

Phase1 172
Not sure whether to take the box out of the bottom or the top ? The whole subframe bolts spinning issue is worrying me .... ?

Phase1 172
All done , new gear box , clutch and box oil . Went for the luk clutch in the end as I couldn't be arsed to wait till after the bank holiday weekend ..

Took the box out of the bottom in the end , dropped the subframe on one side . Wasnt a bad job at all really , didn't touch the manifold either which was nice , to be honest the hardest part of the whole job was putting the new box oil in lol ..