ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch release bearing gone?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Have noticed a "plastic" sounding clicking noise coming from the gearbox area when changing gears (intermittent) and when revving engine/coming off revs (constant), so with that I suspected the lower engine mount possibly. The dogbone is fine, gearbox and upper engine mount recently replaced. So had a look at the clutch release fork, it seems very easy to move about (side to side AND up and down) how much play should there be?

If it does need changing I'll obviously be putting a clutch in as well but what's the minimum I need to remove to get the gearbox out? Never done one before but done, swivel hub and suspension etc.

Mk5 golf gti
sounds like the bearing, they all come together as part of the clutch kit anyway

you will most likely need a hand changing the clutch if you havent done one before