ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch release bearing ???

CLIO PH1 172
was driving the car the other night and released while sitting at the lights when i press the clutch down i was getting a strange noise from the clutch, like a whining ticking noise? (only when i press the clutch)

it only seems to be when the car is warm, i was speaking to a friend and they seem to think it could be the clutch release bearing, and that they can normally be changed easy enough?

im really not sure what im looking at or were to look

any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks
:S:S:S

CLIO PH1 172
ok thanks guys? does the release bearing come separately to the clutch its self ? iv never really looked in to the clutch tbh so am clueless ....

ITB'd MK1
bearing is around £20 on it's own. Clutch kits come with a new one included. The time to do it is the majority of the cost though

CLIO PH1 172
and understandably as well if its a 6-7hour job lol. the cars on nearly 99k so i will do the clutch anyway. just bad timing as im skiiiiint :(

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, might as well do the whole kit as you'll have the box off.

Only an extra six bolts.

Valeo kit's about £100 from ECP, I believe.

330i. E30 Touring.
The one near me give a pretty good 'trade price' if you ask.

Cuts it down to about £100.

340i
you can get the Valeo clutch kit slightly cheaper from GSF iirc.... was £100 from them last year iirc.

alot easier once you've done a few, as Danny said book time is 7hrs ~

It took me 4.5hrs to do mine with a 2 poster lift, but there are a few things that can easily take up the time... seized bolts, nuts etc. other parts may need replacing!

The clutch your looking at on ebay is ours "http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-SPORT-2-0-16v-182-172-CLUTCH-KIT-VALEO-/170571533024?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b6db0ae0#ht_697wt_932"

Can do it for £100 all in posted for you ;)

Fiesta ST-3
I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace it mind. Once it goes it goes. Until then it should be fine.

CLIO PH1 172
Cheers yea I don't really want it to go and me get stuck waiting for the part, booking it in somewhere, ect.... I would rather just get it done before it goes lol

Rob is it a proper valeo clutch if so il go to you to get it as I cant find one cheaper, thanks

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
mine did precisely this 12 months ago. it gradually got worse over time but took several months to finally give up. replaced it myself with a valeo clutch from ECP £100. comes with bearing and alignment tool. i did it myself by pulling the motor..

CLIO PH1 172
by pulling the motor?..... tbh im not even going to attempt this my self iv pretty much done every thing else my self, bar the belts. but a clutch. no. I wouldn't even know were to start lol