ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch release fork

Mk1 Clio Turbo
Ok now for the past few days I have been trying to replace my clutch cable as the old one had snapped, its just short of around 2cm of attaching to the fork :mad:, so my question is..

Can someone confirm that the clutch release fork should move on a mk1, As It would make life easier if the fork would move.

I don’t want to go pulling and tugging just in case I cause damage I would rather find out first if it should move :)

Thanks.

Mk1 Clio Turbo
have you released the adjuster ratchet?

Not quite sure what you mean by that, I have detached the cable from the pedal if that’s what you mean then tried to connect to the clutch fork then tried to connect back onto the pedal with no joy :S.

Excuse the lack of knowledge its my first Clio :eek:.

f**ked ph1 172
on the pedal there is a black plastic ratchet.

its spring loaded and self adjusts.

you need to connect the cable to the pedal then release the ratchet by pushing up the top of it and pulling out at the pivot point. you'll know what i mean if you have a look.

you need a mate to hook it over the release fork whilst you release the ratchet, then once its over pump the pedal a few times and it'll adjust itself up.

f**ked ph1 172
you have to feel it really.

where you put the cable into the pedal end is actuially the ratchet, thats the part you puh, then about an inch lower is the pivot where you pull.

Mk1 Clio Turbo
Haven’t managed to do anything to the car today as my keys have magically disappeared from the kitchen table :rolleyes:.