ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch, what clutch?!

Great news everybody, my clutch has gone! :dapprove:

Just looking at what to go for, is it worth getting an up rated one? (car is standard so presume not) and how much is the renault oe one? (cant find one in the GSF listings)

Thanks Bailey

Fiesta ST
Re: Clutch, waht clutch?!

I can recommend the N Spec clutch that K-Tec do. It's on my Valver (was on when I bought it) and it's solid. No judder or anything like that. Seems really good. I have no idea what standard ones are like to compare, sorry. :)

Fiesta ST

Cheers for the input chap, just dont know whether it will e worth it in a standrd engine.

True, but the way I like to think of it is that it means because it is designed to handle 200bhp, when used on a standard or near standard car it can take more abuse and hopefully last longer. :)

Thats what i was thinking lol.

Was also thinking that if it will bite at 200hp then it will bite better at at 130-140hp

think i might just ring k-tec on monday

Stock clutch is the same as group N.

Just stick with stock its more than enough will handle way more power than you'll tune your engine to.

Just stick with stock its more than enough will handle way more power than you'll tune your engine to.

Cool. Do you know hoa much reno charge for the stock item?
Also how do i tell if its gone? http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203760

stock is £85 or so, GSF etc. will be cheaper though, yours isn't gone, my girlfriend will post you in the other thread cause she is sitting on my knee typing

How do you know mine isnt gone? didny think it had as i have had no problems with slipping etc. What do you think the problem is?

Cheers Bailey

Fiesta ST

How is the stock clutch the same as the Group N? If it is, does that mean the stock clutch can handle up to 200bhp? Just seems daft to me then that they can market the clutch as better than standard and justify the price difference. :S

How is the stock clutch the same as the Group N? If it is, does that mean the stock clutch can handle up to 200bhp? Just seems daft to me then that they can market the clutch as better than standard and justify the price difference. :S

Yep.

The official designaltion of group N is showroom spec there allowed small chnaged but nothing usable.
I had a performace clutch in my Williams It was terribale to use and the build qualiaty was that bad that it failed stock Renault was just as stong better built (it never failed) and lighter on the foot and wallet.

S2000

Standard all the way unless you are running some major engine mods as the standard clutch is very good. I got a valeo (same one you would get from renault) one for £60+VAT iirc from a local factors.

Clio Cup

My clutch judders occasionally but there is never any slipping. I think it is just down to a flat spot on the flywheel or that's what I have gleaned from reading on the forum.

Got my clutch kit, should it come with a plastic alighnment tool and a ring thing?

Haynes says it should and the kit pic shows one, there just isnt one.

CB600FS
Yeah the plastic things for alignment, makes it ten times easier to be honest, but you'll get "Real mechanics don't use one" on here.

The round thing will be the release bearing

No have the release bearing.

Is a little round cup you put somewhere to help with alighnment? I didnt get the tool should i have in the official renault kit?

Took these to illustrate my point, this is the kit i was provided.

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00139-1.jpg

This is obviously the diaphragm, plate, bearing and grease but no alighnment tool. Is it possible to do without?

And do i need this bit?

DSC00137.jpg

Also Edde mentioned that it wasnt my clutch any ideas on waht else it could be?

Thanks for any help, Bailey