ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch - which one? Clio 182 2005

Clio 182 cup
Hi

looking for a new clucth on our Clio 182 2005. we only use it for racing so would like to look into something a bit better.

Is there a noticeable difference between that and a standard

any suggestions

links?

cheers

Clio 182 cup
Excellent. need one in the new year so i will be in contact.

what about a radiator?? any suggestions or ideas? its just to get extra cooling to the car. benificial?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Excellent. need one in the new year so i will be in contact.

what about a radiator?? any suggestions or ideas? its just to get extra cooling to the car. benificial?
Check out some of the project threads on here. I know a few of the proper racers have changed rads. I think @Tony Hunter used a Polo rad? He'll correct me I'm sure.
A couple of folks have used the Direnza type ones too.

182cup & 172 racecar
Valeo is fine, unless running 220 plus and more torque.
Had a polo rad, which was fine, but after the flywheel came off, and damaged everything under the bonnet. I've replaced it with a Fabia one. It's a little longer, but still only £40 odd, light, and no problems.

Clio 182 cup
Tony

excellent stuff. a couple of peole have said that a Valeo is fine as i only running the engine as standard. also suggested the current Rad is fine as again the engine is standard.

On a different note. if you to have a second set of wheels with good rain tyres with in the 1a &1B tyre regs which would you say are a good choice?

182cup & 172 racecar
Which wet tyres do I use?

R1r's. Excellent in the wet, I wouldn't use anything else.
Others may say different, but I found them to be the best.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Valeo is fine, unless running 220 plus and more torque.
Had a polo rad, which was fine, but after the flywheel came off, and damaged everything under the bonnet. I've replaced it with a Fabia one. It's a little longer, but still only £40 odd, light, and no problems.

Tony, have you got a link to that fabia radiator you could share, thanks?