ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutches, clutches, clutches

While I have my valvers engine out, am going to change clutch, since I aint taking it out again. What the view, and whats the prices, should I go for

1. Standard 16v

2. Uprated one for 16v

3. R5gt uprated jobby (am I right in saying this fits, i.e. the one on eurocarparts)

Sorry I know this had probably been covered before, but what is best option

Thanks

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Id go for standard valeo item as recommended by Hill Power available from GSF with 10% members discount.

Unless really really modified, this should be fine.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

5GTT uprated one every time...! its a mint clutch and its cheaper than the standard one! just make sure you get the 5GTT uprated heavy duty one as the other 2 uprated ones they do arent quite as good! only £57last time i looked!

We would recommend you fit a standard gunuine part from the Clio Williams, if you are mianly using the car on the road. The Pressure plate is stronger than the 16v one but not to hard on your left leg when driving around town. If you intend the car for quarter mile and track days then a competition clutch would be best.

Adams_16v or anybody else, what is the exact 5gtt turbo uprated clutch to order, i.e. what is the order number from andyspares GSF, as really need to order right clutch first time, as in a rush to get things moving again, does it fit with no mods, is this the kit (i.e is release bearing etc there)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

the k-tec clutch is basically the same clutch as this from sndyspares but its more expensive!!!

iv got one and i can definately recommend it! I got this one!

R18914
CLUTCH KIT-UPRATED
R5 NEW SHAPE TURBO-HEAVY DUTY

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Yeah the uprated 5 turbo clutch is mint. Takes a bit of getting used to in traffic but on the open road and 1/4 mileing etc its ace.

Adams_16v, steve a or anybody else with 5uprated turbo clutch in a valver. Got hold of one from anyspares, valeo box badged as a volvo 480 turbo clutch (renault running gear). Its bloody cold up her the now which is why I am asking this, rather than go out to garage and lose a testicle in the cold. Is the clutch release bearing with this kit sound to use on the valver also.

I might sound dumb here but a Reno 5GT clutch fits onto a valver with no problems? Straight on no mods??:oops:

BMW 320d Sport

A standard Williams clutch always did me very well for quarter miling, fast road use even when using nitrous. It was tough as old boots. Definitely recommended. I did use a Black Diamond uprated clutch before that. Not much cop.

well, water pump and this clutch appeared with postman the day, so stuck them on the night. Clutch is a valeo one, which is, according to the box, is for a volvo 480 turbo, which should be sound as think they are 1.7 or 1.8 turbos. My old clutch isnt actually that bad, but i dont want to take the engine out ever again, as its a pain in the arse. Release bearing is slightly different design, but seems to fit sound, so onward we go! cheers for advice folks

Just realised i repeated myself, early senility perhaps