ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coaxial Connectors? Cut Coax

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Not strictly for a Clio (or at all) but its only wiring. The previous owner of my mini has turned out to be a bit of a t**t and for some reason has cut the coax for the aerial, so I currently get no radio signal.
I know the connector I need for the back of the radio but I'm struggling to find a connector that I can crimp on to the existing wire, everything seems to be a connector between a male/female and not an open crimp end.

Anybody know of a connector I can crimp on to my coax, I can go from there with adapters and s**t its just this first fitting I'm struggling with? I hate electrical stuff

Clio 172 (CUP)
An f-type connector (as used on Sky installs) is the easiest to fit as it's not crimp but rather screw on, although this may be too large. Shouldnt really crimp coaxial cable you see. I don't know the (radio?) end connector you have, so don't know the options?

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Coax in Telecoms has plenty of different terminations we use. If you can find em something like a 'Type 43' would do it, you could probably bodge not having the tools...