ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cobra LED wiring

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I have noticed theres about 10metres of wiring tied up and tucked under the lower dash that goes to the little LED for the cobra alarm..

Can I shorten this without any problem? I presume it's fine but want to check before messing around with non factory fit alarms...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Shout ALLAHU ACKBAR before you cut the wires.

If it's just two wires, it'll be reet
Yeah, I think so. Dont want it having a fit and causing immob issues or something daft.

Found the wiring diagram for it and it suggests theres a connector prior to it going into the fuse box but no idea if thats true!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well presumably all the slack is where the LED is so you can just check that it’s not shooting off anywhere and snip off everything after?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Scan10008.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Unwrapped this bundle of wires today and found the connector within.

20210227_112642.jpg

20210227_112651.jpg
20210227_112721.jpg

Mad how much wire there is! Cant believe they didnt make one that was the perfect length for the clio considering how many they fitted. Anyway, disconnected it for now and going to try de-pin and shorted the whole lot. Managed to snap the solder joint off the LED so gives me the opportunity to shorten that length of wire too.