ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COBRA SEAT FITMENT HELP NEEDED ASAP!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
right folks,

got the all the back out of the clio last night/this morning.

new problem now though.

So to let you know I've bought some:

Cobra Imola Standard Width Seats x2
Cobra Steel Side Mounts x2
Cobra X-Low Subframes x2 (handed)

Now, problem is:

When side mounts are fitted to the seats, at a flush level, when offered up to the x-low subframe they don't line up properly.

On both frame/seat set up,on the handbrake side they sit ok so i can put a bolt through it. However on the door side, it doesnt line up. It almost seems that the bolt hole has been drilled in the wrong place and needs to come out towards the door a tad.

Hopefuly pics will show what i mean.

handbrake side:

SL370095.jpg

SL370096.jpg

door side:

SL370094.jpg

SL370097.jpg

will it just be a case of drilling another hole either side to accomodate the bolt so it sits flush or am i doing something wrong?!

Clio 172 Cup
I've been away, how are you getting on with this? All sorted now... what about that side lug, do you have it on yours and does it fit all ok?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
hey, seats should be going in on saturday all being well.

cobra said they would modify that outer lug before they sent me the frames, but ill be honest it looks the same as yours so it would foul. but we'll soon see.

what did you do with the lug in the end?

Clio 172 Cup
Just left it for now, poked under the plastic sill cover. Been away for a week or two and come back to sticky rear brakes, got that to sort now...

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
fair enough, if mine fouls on the sill im just gonna cut a bit out i think!