ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cobra subframes. help the newbie!!

Clio 172 ph2

just bought some cobra clubman seats with uni subframes. the uni subframes are about as well thought of as a chocolate tea pot! so i went to demon tweeks and they sorted me out with a set of sub frames specially made to go into the beautiful clio. now this is where i need help. i dont know how to take the o/e runners out. there seems to be four pins, two on each runner, and i havent a clue on how to get them out!! and when i do finally get them out, how in the name of moddin do you get the cobra frames on???

help the newbie!!!

if you drive down to the cobra factory they will fit them for you for free if you cannot fit them yourself.

Thats what they told me anyways.

Clio 172 ph2

bit of a problem there! lost my license for speeding! 6* within the two yr period! take my test again after x-mas!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u need to get under the car, there are 4 bolts on the standard seats that bolt them to the floor, undoo all 4 bolts then the standard seats will pull out, u then need to remove the runners from the seats 4 more hex screws (i think) then bolt the h frames u got from deamon tweaks to the bottom of the bucket seats, and then bolt the runners to the h frames, then put new seats back in the car and bolt in from under the car again ....

172 M69 eater

theres two torx screws, one at the front under the grey plastic cover and one at the back. then carefully remove the selt belt restrainer from under the seat and the seat should then come out. dont undo the runner from the car!! then you should be able to fix the subframe onto the runner and then fit your seats

and i know cus i have cobra daytonas in my 1.2rl!!

patty

Clio 172 ph2

easy when you know how!!! went under the car and sure enough there thy were! the four nuts i had to undo!!! thanks for the advice!

later...