ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COD: Ghosts

White APE

Release date - 5/11/13

Actual footage at xbox reveal - 21/05/13

Last edited by a moderator:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
In!

Looking forward to it. Nothing wrong with arcade fps! Infinity ward make decent cod games.

Plus the original op is poor. At least embed it.

White APE
Sorry Seb, on my phone. My post comes up as if its embedded in here?

Looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage.

Do hope for a WWII type one again, loved the originals.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I thought it was play as a certain squad, battling against the other teams of various era's (ie ghosts, such as Genghis Khan and his horde etc.). Or play as that era against other guys.

Meh.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
With that in mind, Call of Duty - Historial Warfare.

Imagine a bit of TDM with a Spartan throwing spears at a Crusades Knight, with a Musketeer trying to shoot a Ninja.

Sort it out.

Hopefully not, It's annoying me cos I want to see more like screenshots or a better trailer.

edit: just seen the other post and I got the exact same picture, wtf not going to be a balanced game if that happens.

So this is going to be on the new consoles? Hopefully means the PC version will now start stressing the hardware even a little bit. Couldn't get the last few games to run lower than 100fps on any setting :(

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So this is going to be on the new consoles? Hopefully means the PC version will now start stressing the hardware even a little bit. Couldn't get the last few games to run lower than 100fps on any setting :(

Apparently the new consoles are 10x the power of the best PC in your house.

TROLLOL.

Seriously though, I do wonder just how "powerful" the next gen consoles will be. They'll still be way off a top end PC, unfortunately.

Is that a bad thing?!

For me, yes. Yes, yes it is.

It means the game is not capable of stressing my PC, which means my PC is overpowered for the game. 60fps is all I need. I prefer a game that pushes my system so that 60fps is just about attainable on max settings.

Don't misunderstand me, they're good looking games, but not as good looking as they could be. This will change now that the vagrant-spec consoles are being upgraded to 2008-spec.

Thats fair enough, if you wanna stress it get a benchmarking program and run that whilst playing a game lol.
Consoles are so far behind, they need a big kick!
I seen my GPU get the highest temp ever last night after playing Far Cry 3 for a few hours whilst in a hot room, got it to 71 degrees, usually 61 is max so I got a bit scared lol

Nissan 350z

I wouldnt count on it....
console_vs_pc.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ Interesting. Until the next stage of super PC upgrade becomes available like it did with the Titan. Basically propelling the capability.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bring on the next-gen consoles, is all I can say. It will do nothing other than increase the complexity and presentation of the cross-platform titles (which appear to be 99.8% of the market these days).

Better console hardware means we can finally get around to shifting our PC's out of 2nd gear when running a current game. Win-win all around. :)

D.

Nissan 350z
Bare in mind the scale on the graph though. The Geforce Titan is already 3x more powerful than the Xbox720 and PS4's GPU capability all thats going to happen is this gap grow ever bigger while the consoles will be stuck at this (already behind) level for the next 8yrs...

Evo 5 RS
If you've got more than one Titan make that 4x + ;D

They finally ditched the Quake 3 engine for next gen then. Finally.

Next gen is already here on PC:

tombraider2013030720565.png

Last edited:
The behind the scenes footage of the next gen gameplay looks superb. This finally looks like a 'new' call of duty.

Dynamic multiplayer maps look like a great addition.

This and Fifa could be the tipping point for me getting a Xbox one.

Evo 5 RS
It might look new but it's essentially the same heavily modified engine they started with. Very lazy IMO not making a new engine for the next gen, but expected. Graphically Battlefield 4 is the winner, but not to say it'll be better this time round.

Mito Sportiva 135
I like the idea of squads mode - kind of like a FPS version of X:Com. However I fear it will be dumbed down and TDM will still be what everyone plays.

As for the other 'features'...dynamic environments mean very specific set objects which can be destroyed/moved. Playing as a female...can't see many lads wanting that. Dogs....no.

The engine looks alright but hardly cutting edge at all - although actually I find the graphics functional and smooth which is the key priorities for a FPS for me.

Anyway this hasn't particularly sparked my interest, nothing revolutionary on offer here at all - although if the squads mode is good it could be interesting.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
This may be the first cod game i've not bought in years. Is it next gen and current gen?

Cue all the haters...

Ignore my last post as I have Pre-ordered and can't blimmin wait!

If I decide to get a One later down the line, then all my unlocks etc get carried over which is a bonus.

Graphically, it's the best looking Call of Duty on the 360 to date. A definate improvement over MW3. Obviously the next gen graphics are better, but I just cant get enough of COD! Sad case indeed.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Getting the Hardened Edition ( Amazon £70 ) for PS3 but will be doing the £10 upgrade deal for the PS4 version when it arrives at the end of the month:D

Have always enjoyed the Infinity ward versions of Call of Duty so hoping this will be no different in that respect....

Bumder With A Buffer
If I Do get tit il be getting it on PC I reckon.

Although all my mates will have PS3 versions so maybe il get it on that

I've got one on pre order with the Xbox One, but just bought one for the 360 from GAME online.

They are offering a £40 trade in (so effectively costs me £5 for 3 weeks).

Audi TT 225 Quattro
I've got one on pre order with the Xbox One, but just bought one for the 360 from GAME online.

They are offering a £40 trade in (so effectively costs me £5 for 3 weeks).

Not sure about the xbox version but the PS3 version comes with a code that you use to get the next gen version for £10 although you still have to have the PS3 disc in the PS4, that's what I am doing rather than trade it in for a physical copy... that way you get both versions to play and compare:) I was going to get a PS4 copy but i see that still requires a 50gb install from disc so stuck with the upgrade plan.

http://community.callofduty.com/com...f-duty-ghosts-seamless-next-gen-upgrade-plans