ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cod veteran, wanting to play Battlefield (360)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I used to play BF on my orginial xbox. Cant remember which game it was but it was so much better back in the day compared to what it is now. People use to work as a team and chat over XBL where as now you rarely get a good team to play with.

Its still a very good game though and IMO, better than COD.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Miles better than COD.

COD players nearly almost suck at Battlefield games though. Wayyyyyy too hung-ho.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm yet to snipe a pilot :(

I've taken a few Heuy's out the sky using the main connon on a tank. That is somewhat satisfying! Aiming a good few feet infront of the chopper to see pop when it collides with the shot...BOOM!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yeah choppers down with tanks is epic, especially when they spin like f**k.

I think I've hit maybe 3 pilots and they were all on the autumn looking one with the first MCOM on the little island.

Personal fav snipe was on that map too, was on the far left slope sniping as a defender and got the driver of a jet ski going at full pelt across from me, had to shoot a jet ski's length ahead and twice his height above while tracking from left to right. Was MEGA! Then took out his buddy sat on the back.

Love it!

Integra Type-R DC2
Highest marksman youve ever scored as a sniper?

Got a 446 a few weeks ago. Literally watched the round go down range for a few seconds, then hit the poor b*****d right in the mush. Proudest moment of my life tbh.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Aye, the story is above haha.

Was on Isla Incontes. Best shot I've ever done. Was sweet as he was directly across from me so travelling across the screen, was mint.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My longest one was on Port Valdez......

BFBC2Game2011-01-1220-39-19-40.jpg

Longest ranged kill for the round....

BFBC2Game2011-01-1220-41-26-86.jpg

I posted that in the BC2 thread - never managed anything like that since. It was from the roof of that concrete structure which is the Yanks first spawn point on Port Valdez :Rush. I was on top of that with the M95 and the team had long since moved forward - at the time battling the Yanks in the base area from where the Apache and 2nd Bradley APC can spawn.

I should have moved up to help, but I was in a long-haul firing mood then. ;) Took several shots to finally get the enemy player - which was funny to see him move about on the opposing roof - not having a bloody clue as to where the nearby shots were coming from. I would have done anything to have heard his reaction when he watched where I was via the Killcam. If he didn't shout 'cheating b*****d!' at the screen - I would have been amazed!

D.

Mountune Tractor
BF is rubbish. BF3 will bw too. Trust me the sensitivity and dexterity is awful. Don't compare them you'll just be disappointed

indeed COD is the full package where as Battlefield feels more like a game becuase your not there in the thick of it with your feet on the ground ground. It'd be like driving an Atom around then expecting the same performance with a van.

Let us know what you think? Bet you get frustrated in minutes. You get thrown into random games that are always half way through and it very rear you get a game from the beginning. Plus you can't just back out like COD you gotta wait for it to load and all sort!

It's not even in the same league as COD. The type of player that like it are people that are s**t at fps becuse it's not so easy to tell what's going so it's no embarrassing for them. Noone gives a sh it anyway becuse there's no skill involved in the game.

Play it for 3 hours tops getting to know the game before you get bored

Massive maps always miles to actually get to someone. Your gonna be so disappointed.

It's really poor!

There's no terminology for BF like COD has drop and roll, Run and gun, There's no such thing as camping becuse the maps are so big you'll just never see anyone, You can go into the back of there base and spawn kill.

Seriously that game is poor

Yes. All my friends that are s**t at COD love BF.

Can't hack that the fact that COD actually requires a little skill where as any old monkey can slip into a BF game

Not even taking the gamepaly into account (Which is the most important in online multiplayers) BF only offers 4 classes with a lot lets options to choose from such as guns, perks etc.

Lmao seriously i can't believe i'm having the discusion.

Someone start a poll?

I'll send you £10 to you paypal acoount if BF wins after 300 votes. (It'll never happen)

seriously some start a poll state ages to. I'll take you to the cleaners with this one if you really wnat me to?

Well done this still has no weight in this discussion. iirc the original had 4!

Didn't think so.....................!

Sure it is. Don't forget this is a car forum so the minimum age for a user should be 17 so i'd say more or less all the poll enrties will be from adults no?

In battlefield the s**t isn't all inter changeable tho! What your stating is the amount of diffrent weapon types there are? Assult rifles, smg, hmg, Shotguns etc That doesn't make sence. All cod does is set a stanadard
Classes to show you what works well. You need to expand on that

You said it your self "It wins polls against any game" I wonder why that is? Through every excuse under the sun at me.

I know we all get sick of COD but BF or any other game for that fact will not match it any time soon!

Lmao sure!

Troll-face1.jpg

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Haha nice mate! Wish the console games had those kind of stats.

Mine was in valporasio (sp?) I think it is. From the top of the light house (dropped in from a chopper) to their second to last set of MCOMS up in the jungle. Saw movement in the bushes and fired a fair few rounds and one finally landed.

Also with the M95.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Haha nice mate! Wish the console games had those kind of stats.

Mine was in valporasio (sp?) I think it is. From the top of the light house (dropped in from a chopper) to their second to last set of MCOMS up in the jungle. Saw movement in the bushes and fired a fair few rounds and one finally landed.

Also with the M95.

Lol - nice one. :)

I think what makes those types of shots much more rewarding when you pull it off, is the length of time the round takes to reach the target - including the bullet-drop. COD players would have killed three players and died four times in that same amount of time. ;)

D.

Astra Twintop
Half hour in, multiplayer that is..........

Few mistaken button presses, but I've killed a few people!

Currently alternating between assault and engineer, managed to stab someone too!

RPG'd a tank also !

(can you guess im pleased)

Currently loving it!

Black 172 PH2
BFBC2 takes time to get into, but it is so rewarding when you actually get it.
You have to work in teams or you'll just die.
Its the polar opposite of COD where you just run around the map frantically shooting, gets boring quickly.
Also camping is not an issue in BFBC2, as you can blow up the building they're in, which also means they cant just re spawn and take up the same camping position.

Me and my work mates used to play COD all the time. We got bored eventually so tried out BFBC2 when it came out to see what it was like...we still play it regularly now.
BFBC2 is an intelligent shooter with lasting appeal.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Half hour in, multiplayer that is..........

Few mistaken button presses, but I've killed a few people!

Currently alternating between assault and engineer, managed to stab someone too!

RPG'd a tank also !

(can you guess im pleased)

Currently loving it!

Bodge, if you can - try to persevere with the engineer class - it really is a great all-rounder class to play. And once you get used to the gravity pull of the RPG rounds and calculate the firing arc accordingly - you can damage and sometimes even destroy enemy vehicles at long range. At the end of the engineer unlock tree, you're rewarded with the UMP-45 - arguably one of the best SMG's in the game.

If you choose to pick the AT mines instead of launcher weapons - try to lay the mines in craters or in pools of water where they can be very tricky to see by the enemy vehicle driver. I should know - those b*****ds have caught me out plenty of times! ;)

D.

Astra Twintop
Bodge, if you can - try to persevere with the engineer class - it really is a great all-rounder class to play. And once you get used to the gravity pull of the RPG rounds and calculate the firing arc accordingly - you can damage and sometimes even destroy enemy vehicles at long range. At the end of the engineer unlock tree, you're rewarded with the UMP-45 - arguably one of the best SMG's in the game.

If you choose to pick the AT mines instead of launcher weapons - try to lay the mines in craters or in pools of water where they can be very tricky to see by the enemy vehicle driver. I should know - those b*****ds have caught me out plenty of times! ;)

D.

Thanks for that advice mate.

Liking the silenced standard engineer weapon, means I can skulk about the place without getting busted and killed!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that advice mate.

Liking the silenced standard engineer weapon, means I can skulk about the place without getting busted and killed!

Yep - it's quite potent that. Iirc, it's only got a 20-round clip, which is it's only weakness.

You may/may not know of the squad bonus points in the game? Always join a squad as the game loads - regardless. The other (maximum of 3) players seen in green are your squad mates. Anything you do to help them gives you more squad bonus points than simply helping one of your team. So if you see two damaged vehicles as an engineer, you'll get more points for repairing the one with the green, or squad member driver. Repairing vehicles helps you progress rapidly through the earlier Ranks.

D.

Astra Twintop
I've noticed boxes laying about the place, assumption these are ammo boxes dropped by my team mates?

I've tried to repair our vehicles, but seem to get shot / stabbed as i'm still in "COD Mode"

That will change within time im sure.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've noticed boxes laying about the place, assumption these are ammo boxes dropped by my team mates?

I've tried to repair our vehicles, but seem to get shot / stabbed as i'm still in "COD Mode"

That will change within time im sure.

Yep - they will be. And likewise to what I said before, dropping an ammo bag which is collected by a squad member will gain you more points than if accessed simply by a team member. The same applies if a medikit is dropped.

Try to use the vehicle you're repairing as your own shield. It's not always easy, but generally the enemy come from one or two directions - try to put the vehicle between you and those incoming paths. Crouching helps to as sometimes your head and shoulders can be seen above the leading edges of a vehicle. It only takes a semi-good recon guy to give you an instant migraine.... ;)

If you hear any foot-steps behind while repairing, do a 180 and hit the knife button. Most non-hardcore games have friendly fire disabled, so you won't kill him if he's a friendly. Repairing a vehicle makes you a prime target for a capable back-stabber.

D.

Astra Twintop
Ah the back stabber, encountered several of those swines tonight!!

I'll give it a good bash tomorrow!

nothing else to do!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If you pick the engineer again - they make excellent secondary gunners on tanks. Hopefully you'll team up with a driver with a brain and learn where he positions the tank and how to use it. Keep a good eye out on the ground as the top gunner for enemy mines, etc. Also, keep a lookout in the skies too - those UAV's can be the nemesis of tanks.

I've racked up a few kills with the vehicles - the T-90 especially - lol...

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/unzen

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
If your repeating a tank it can also be useful to just jump in it if you take fire.

Sometimes easier and you can just hit up on the d pad to get a 3rd person view of the whole vehicle and see where the attacker is.

If I'm medic or engineer I always use the G3, def my fave weapon, especially now it's got a red dot. (1200 odd kills)

Got 480 in the apache! YES!

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
lol at battlefield being the intelligent fps. you can spawn trap and piss people off just as much as cod. when me dredz and geordie were in the game as a team it was hard to get games cos we were being c***s with uav's and c4 and quads and c4. camping with a 50cal is piss aswell, i was sniping peeps from miles away and they didnt even know where i was. lol is a good game if you have mates to play in a team together.

Clio 1.2 16v
both can be good fun it depends how serious you take it, i do miss the days of BC2 with us 3 Kev you should rebuy it

Astra SRI/ Hornet
both can be good fun it depends how serious you take it, i do miss the days of BC2 with us 3 Kev you should rebuy it

new one is soon man. no one plays it enough to re buy it. quad blasting was funny as f**k though, remember my 50cal boat shot that killed there whole team. lol geordie was green eye,