ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cod veteran, wanting to play Battlefield (360)

Astra Twintop
Has anyone essentially "swapped sides" and gone from Cod to Battlefield.

Wanting to get a feel for BF before the 3rd one comes out.

Will be throwing myself straight into multiplayer!

Any hints or tips to help out a newbie to BF?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i tried bc2 i cant work out how to actually get in a game with some one.. usually up running round a map by myself

Trophy
BF is rubbish. BF3 will bw too. Trust me the sensitivity and dexterity is awful. Don't compare them you'll just be disappointed

Trophy
indeed COD is the full package where as Battlefield feels more like a game becuase your not there in the thick of it with your feet on the ground ground. It'd be like driving an Atom around then expecting the same performance with a van.

Let us know what you think? Bet you get frustrated in minutes. You get thrown into random games that are always half way through and it very rear you get a game from the beginning. Plus you can't just back out like COD you gotta wait for it to load and all sort!

It's not even in the same league as COD. The type of player that like it are people that are s**t at fps becuse it's not so easy to tell what's going so it's no embarrassing for them. Noone gives a sh it anyway becuse there's no skill involved in the game.

Play it for 3 hours tops getting to know the game before you get bored

Astra Twintop
It will be the latest one on 360 (really not sure what that is)

My mates letting me borrow his, I'm not a sniper, more a run and gun sort!

Trophy
Massive maps always miles to actually get to someone. Your gonna be so disappointed.

It's really poor!

There's no terminology for BF like COD has drop and roll, Run and gun, There's no such thing as camping becuse the maps are so big you'll just never see anyone, You can go into the back of there base and spawn kill.

Seriously that game is poor

Astra Twintop
Am I going to try and find cover, and then get picked off half a mile away by some bloke sat in a tree?

If your a run and gun guy, this game is no good for you..

I like COD cause it's easy, but I get bored of it rapidly by myself.
I like BF because it's tactical, in my eyes, you NEED to play with friends, or it's crap.

Trophy
Yes. All my friends that are s**t at COD love BF.

Can't hack that the fact that COD actually requires a little skill where as any old monkey can slip into a BF game

Not even taking the gamepaly into account (Which is the most important in online multiplayers) BF only offers 4 classes with a lot lets options to choose from such as guns, perks etc.

Astra Twintop
If your a run and gun guy, this game is no good for you..

I like COD cause it's easy, but I get bored of it rapidly by myself.
I like BF because it's tactical, in my eyes, you NEED to play with friends, or it's crap.

I'm not a camper, I cant sit in the same position for the entire match...........

Nor run between buildings hoping for someone to wander across my path.

May reconsider.........

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Can't hack that the fact that COD actually requires a little skill where as any old monkey can slip into a BF game

I think you have COD and BF mixed up my friend

I play both so its not an issue to me, but I definitely find COD easier than BF.

Inferno Orange 182
I loved BF2142 played it constantly for 2 years (like 16-18 hours a day) whilst on a 'break' from work. Its all about tactics and teamwork. COD when I tried it was just too manic, the maps were too small and it was a bit like quake in the sense its just a big fragfest or maybe thats cos I wasnt that good at it. Unfortunately I introduced my BF clan to Eve Online and that was the end of that :(

Trophy
Lmao seriously i can't believe i'm having the discusion.

Someone start a poll?

I'll send you £10 to you paypal acoount if BF wins after 300 votes. (It'll never happen)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Lmao seriously i can't believe i'm having the discusion.

Someone start a poll?

I'll send you £10 to you paypal acoount if BF wins after 300 votes. (It'll never happen)

Your right COD would win a poll, every 13 year old in the country loves running around with a noob tube. Us adults like a proper game ;)

Trophy
seriously some start a poll state ages to. I'll take you to the cleaners with this one if you really wnat me to?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Troll-face1.jpg

Astra Twintop
Noob Tubes irritate me.

Normally use a Aug HBar on COD.

May well have a research into weapons etc

Well done this still has no weight in this discussion. iirc the original had 4!

Technically COD only has 5? 5 weapon categories after all!
And the poll is going to prove nothing, after COD is the biggest selling game worldwide.. Mainly due to a lot of kid's having it, who just won't play other games..

(And I prefer COD btw, and I'm good)

Trophy
Technically COD only has 5? 5 weapon categories after all!
And the poll is going to prove nothing, after COD is the biggest selling game worldwide.. Mainly due to a lot of kid's having it, who just won't play other games..

(And I prefer COD btw, and I'm good)

Sure it is. Don't forget this is a car forum so the minimum age for a user should be 17 so i'd say more or less all the poll enrties will be from adults no?

In battlefield the s**t isn't all inter changeable tho! What your stating is the amount of diffrent weapon types there are? Assult rifles, smg, hmg, Shotguns etc That doesn't make sence. All cod does is set a stanadard
Classes to show you what works well. You need to expand on that

Sure it is. Don't forget this is a car forum so the minimum age for a user should be 17 so i'd say more or less all the poll enrties will be from adults no?

In battlefield the s**t isn't all inter changeable tho! What your stating is the amount of diffrent weapon types there are? Assult rifles, smg, hmg, Shotguns etc That doesn't make sence. All cod does is set a stanadard
Classes to show you what works well. You need to expand on that

True! But as stated, biggest selling game worldwide, it wins polls against any game.
BF has interchangable perks like COD, just takes a lot longer to unlock them all.. As far as class diversity, if you maxed out on both games I would say they're about the same.

Trophy
You said it your self "It wins polls against any game" I wonder why that is? Through every excuse under the sun at me.

I know we all get sick of COD but BF or any other game for that fact will not match it any time soon!

DCi
the trick to battlefield is get good at not dying in all the vehicles then try and get the best vehicle on the map... i.e. if there is just tanks then fine but they are no good if there is a good chopper pilot about.

or if you are on foot and you see a vehicle run and hide as fast as you can but have something explosive handy :D

AK

M240i
BF is a MUCH harder game.

My 3 year old dog could pick up COD and be good at it.

BF requires skill and team work.

Inferno Orange 182
the trick to battlefield is get good at not dying in all the vehicles then try and get the best vehicle on the map... i.e. if there is just tanks then fine but they are no good if there is a good chopper pilot about.

or if you are on foot and you see a vehicle run and hide as fast as you can but have something explosive handy :D

Man I used to love blasting the chopper pilots out of the sky and causing them to emo ragequit....think imma gonna have to reinstall BF :p

Also and possibly a sad indictment of my life was the fact that possibly the happiest day ever was when my BF clan gave me my full tags hahaha

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
BF is rubbish. BF3 will bw too. Trust me the sensitivity and dexterity is awful. Don't compare them you'll just be disappointed

indeed COD is the full package where as Battlefield feels more like a game becuase your not there in the thick of it with your feet on the ground ground. It'd be like driving an Atom around then expecting the same performance with a van.

Let us know what you think? Bet you get frustrated in minutes. You get thrown into random games that are always half way through and it very rear you get a game from the beginning. Plus you can't just back out like COD you gotta wait for it to load and all sort!

It's not even in the same league as COD. The type of player that like it are people that are s**t at fps becuse it's not so easy to tell what's going so it's no embarrassing for them. Noone gives a sh it anyway becuse there's no skill involved in the game.

Play it for 3 hours tops getting to know the game before you get bored

Massive maps always miles to actually get to someone. Your gonna be so disappointed.

It's really poor!

There's no terminology for BF like COD has drop and roll, Run and gun, There's no such thing as camping becuse the maps are so big you'll just never see anyone, You can go into the back of there base and spawn kill.

Seriously that game is poor

And this week's award for the most incorrect answers, goes too...... ;)

You actually think COD takes more skill to play than BC2? Rolfcopter.

Fire up a hardcore game on PC and I'll join you. See how far your perk list mania gets you then.....

D.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Not even taking the gamepaly into account (Which is the most important in online multiplayers) BF only offers 4 classes with a lot lets options to choose from such as guns, perks etc.
FPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cod is a fun shooter for children. Children would get bored within 3 minutes of playing BF. You sound like a child.

You can't even compare the 2 they are planets apart in what they offer. One thing I would say to the OP is stick with it for a week instead of a few days. It takes a little getting into unlike COD where you can pick up and play.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
BF is a MUCH harder game.

My 3 year old dog could pick up COD and be good at it.

BF requires skill and team work.

This, it's a game of tactics and actually thinking.

If COD and BF were sports games COD would be your arcade and BF your simulation.

COD is essentially the same thing over and over and over again but wih a different skinbor map whereas BF has depth, playing as a sniper is completely different to playing as a medic and helping your team mates or being an engineer and driving a tank or flying an apache.

If your any good at FPS games you'll see that the map sizes are just right for what this kind of game is.

I was always a HUGE COD fan and a pretty handy player but got bored of the same thing over and over again, little kids running around at olympic sprinter speed and knife lunging from 15feet away, it got tedious.

Oh and guess what the new one has the same engine AGAIN!

Saying that I'll still get both as BF requires skill and after playing for a while you sometimes want something with an arcadey feel that you can fall back on and just drop in and out of.

I think the fact BF requires skill and strategy to a certain extent puts COD users off as they want to be able to fit in straight away, be able to own a match on their first try by simply running at the enemy over and over again.

I am officially though a convert.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm with the BF guys here...it's a totally different game to COD and imo much much much better than COD for all the reasons everyone has already stated.

I think Trophy2376589421111oneoneone has had a bad experience of BF and it's clouding the judgement somewhat.

If you are considering having a go at BFBC2 just read through the thread on here, it has all you need to know in it.

My worry is that BF3 will be a victim of it's own success...ALOT of gamers are making the move over to BF from COD recently (the creation of this thread proves that point!) but this could result in alot of the fucktards that play COD ruining BF...:(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
FPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cod is a fun shooter for children. Children would get bored within 3 minutes of playing BF. You sound like a child.

You can't even compare the 2 they are planets apart in what they offer. One thing I would say to the OP is stick with it for a week instead of a few days. It takes a little getting into unlike COD where you can pick up and play.

Good advice. I've had each and every BF title that's been released. On two occassions, I tried multiplayer (BF2142 and BC2) and didn't 'get it' initially. I went back a few weeks later and it just gelled straight away. It's much more of a learning curve imo than COD, but in due course BF is much more rewarding for it.

D.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yup I threw BF2 to the side after a day or trying. Came back to it a few days later and played it for about 8 days in a row without fail. Fantastic game.

You don't have to like one or the other. I have both games.

Last edited: