ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil light ? Question / HELP

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
As cliosport don't accept paypal payment, i cannot renew my membership thus i cannot add this question to the technical section.
:lolup:

on me way to work the engine cuts out and the center light comes on its like a [~] symbol.

i turn the ignition off and back on whilst costing to the brake down lane, and she comes back to life.

is this a warning that my coil pack is gonna break ? i start a new job soon, and don't wanna break down on my first day :star:

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i will get RAC to come and plug in there computer ? on my way home it did it again, so i turnned off and on, then the engine shape light started flashign at me for like 20 seconds, then disapered.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Hi Eddie, RAC man came out but the ecu didn't record any fault, the problem has happened 4 times now. he told me to leave the engine on next time, so today i left the engine for 40mins while i wainted for rac to turn up, and it still wasn't logging a code and the RAC mans comptuer didnt' ready any issue dispite the car being in limp mode and the warning light on, he said if it was his car he's change the throttle pedal ? anyway then on my way home (as i was at the girlfriends house) the toxic warning light came on and stayed on. so i plugged it into my memo scanner and this time i get the code 0120, which my book thing says is the Throttle/pedal position sensor/switch A circuit. and as he mentionned the throttle peddal i was playing on the motor way on the way home, and he's right, if i put my foot down hard, it goes into limp mode and the [~] warning light comes on, i tried this several times on the way home, and each time i push down quickly, i get limp model.

So anyone know a part number for this ? and if i can change this myself, and a rough price. i am presuming its not the actual pedal is it ? or is the thing built on the pedal ?

Throttle body ins't cheap do a wanted advert of drop one of the tunners on here a message for a cheaper one if they have oine from a customer car £250 or so new. they can fail one woirthwhile fix is to clean the whole throttle body and see if that fixes it.

Changing it is easy though.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
ok, i changed the pedal, but the problem persists, so edde, i have take the throttle body off and noticed it isn't closed properly ?
I presume this is not normal ?
can i pull the plastic cover off and adjust it some how, so its closed ? here are some pics.

n674888184_471116_9983.jpg

This is it from the rear, i presume this should be closed !!

n674888184_471120_1101.jpg

Again this is it open, i am now going to use some force and push it closed (have to hold it closed else it opens itself back to this position.

n674888184_471119_861.jpg

M2 Competition
Take it to wokingham motors renault alex, they're half the price of bridges and wont piss you about. Should be able to solve it for you.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
nah i called them a week ago, i spent a whole daying trying to get through, and no one answered the phone, just had the receptions girl saying i'll put you through plenty of times, so i emailed them, then a week later they called me, so i told them to get lost. anyways i changed the pedal so this is the only thing left