ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil light, won't idle, reving itself...

If you have those symptoms and have changed the coils with still no joy then try cleaning the throttle body...this has cured mine.

Runs smooth now, it was sticking and not opening and closing properly due to carbon build up. Just thought I would share to stop people trying harder more costly options.

I also have a quick question, although it's smooth as a babys bum...it feels as though it is lacking power when I put my foot down, it also makes a sucking in sound when I put my foot down sharply, can only be heard at a stop with the hood up... any idea's?

Cheers
Ross

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You should have a few vacuum pipes kicking around the throttle body area, they are 4mm hoses. I had one burst on the Saab a while back.

172ph2
I'm also getting this :(

I was just getting limp home mode (limit 2600 revs). My TB was making some funny grumbling sounds, not just the high pitch whine they normally make, so I got a second hand one off ebay. This worked fine for about a week now it has started doing as the thread title says.
Revs on it's own, fails to revs much and coil pack light on.

OBD reading gives P0120 Throttle Position Sensor.

Both TB's are pretty damn clean.

I've had my pedal apart and given the contacts a clean inside, still no joy.

Will check the vacuum hoses too just in case. Only thing I can think to do now is get a new TB and pedal from the Renault Stealership!

Any other hints/ideas/theories/stabs in the dark would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me nuts!