ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilies advice

Mk4 .:R32
hey guys..
ive got a 04 dynamic and i have a 35mm lowering kit from k-tec paired with some 17" kei racing wheels at the mo. as i live on the isle of wight the roads are not of the best quality lol and i often carry passengers in the back.
if i was to get the 60mm kit there is a chance they would rub and also sit funny on the front compared with the back, so i thought about getting coilovers so i can adjust them to suit. however i dont know the first thing about them. i am aware i only have a 1.2 so these will be mainly for making my car look and sit alot better on my wheels so iam not after a top of the range set up.

any help would be great cheers.

matt

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was in exactly the same scenario as yourself just over a year ago;

17s which rubbed on standard setup
Carrying rear passengers
Typical Irish roads
For a dci Clio (everyday use)

I opted for the coilovers so I could make adjustments as needed, I can honestly say I've had no regrets with them.
Awesome comfort and handling :)

They were taken off the dci before Christmas as I changed the car, and I will be selling them if a friend changes his mind

thanks for your reply.
how much would i be looking at for these? how are they adjusted? do u have to take the wheel off to adjust them or can you do it from the top under the bonnet, and in the boot? lol (sorry for the lack of mechanical speak.)
what else is needed suspension wise if i decide to get them?

"Navy" N17 TWO
At the time I got mine they were 500 fitted.

I would ask for £280 delivered if it comes to selling mine

"Navy" N17 TWO
No problem.

Only thing you would need to check is the bolt spacing on the suspension strut.
Should be 58mm on your car, mine was a Dynamique too :)
What year is yours?

also if i had the car lowered 60mm. and i offered someone a lift is it as easy to raise the suspension a little to eliminate scrapage on the rear. or do you have to take the rear wheels off etc to do this

sorry guys i really dont know the first thing about this.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
They are quite easy to adjust BUT you would not want to be adjusting everytime you offer a lift
I had a Set Fitted on Saturday and I'm just in the Middle of adjusting them this Morning,

Fronts: All I do is jack the car up a little and you can just reach under the Arch with the Wheel still on and adjust them
Rear: Jack the car up at the Rear and lay under the car and adjust them from underneath the car with the Wheel still on

oh right ok. when someone says 'get them set up' is that just to get the balance right and make sure they are all level or is it more complicated?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not complicated at all mate.

Even I had fun helping a mechanic when taking mine out before I changed the car :)