ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover height adjustment.

S13
How do I change the height of my coilovers on the front? There's something in the wheel arch that's rubbing slightly on the tyre and I'd like to wind them up 10mm or so see if it makes a difference but I left the instructions at the garage where they were fitted -.-

I'm assuming I'm able to wind them up and down myself. Can someone write a mini guide to talk me through it? Or post a scan of Spax instructions?

Thanks <3

Rob.

Get the spanner you get with the kit and unscrew the bottom nut like thing the springs sits on then lower the top on and tighen both nuts against each other.

S13
So lower the top nut so the spring is then effectively longer and ride height increased? Gotcha. Can I do that just by taking the wheel off or has the shock got to come off as well?

S13
Oh god, confusion.

So I got 2 nuts right.. ahem.. and the top has to be done up and then do the bottom one up after it to raise the suspension? Doesn't that make the spring shorter and the ride height lower? :S Sorry for being such an idiot but I thought it best to ask first as usual.

From your experience, how many turns do you think I'll need to raise it 10mm?

Oh god, confusion.

So I got 2 nuts right.. ahem.. and the top has to be done up and then do the bottom one up after it to raise the suspension? Doesn't that make the spring shorter and the ride height lower? :S Sorry for being such an idiot but I thought it best to ask first as usual.

From your experience, how many turns do you think I'll need to raise it 10mm?

Remove the wheel and you'll see what you need to do.

Spring stays the same size by moving it up the body of the shock it means the car lifts up as the size of the shock is getting longer.

10mm isn't much just measure it before hand. Won't take long to do.

S13
Ok excellent.

Thanks alot for your help guys, really appreciate that.

I'll probably remove some of the arch liner in the end though, I love the low look :D