ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover help

AUDI A5 s-sline
I'm after coilovers for my Clio, I currently have 35mm spax springs on the standard shocks. but unsure weather to go for racelands or rokkor coilies, anyone have any sugestions or feedback on either sets?

Pics would be great aswell! :).
Cheers

AUDI A5 s-sline
Also anyone know if there is a fitting guide for mk2 non sport coilovers, I can't seem to find one anywhere! :(.

chumpmobile
what is your car? iirc racelands/rokkors only fit clios with 58mm spacing, ie a 1.4 8v and a 1.2 16v

AUDI A5 s-sline
My cars a 1.2 16v :) so they should fit then? :).
O right I didn't realise that they where the same company, so they are basically the same coilover just different colour springs? :)

AUDI A5 s-sline
My cars a 1.2 16v :) so they should fit then? :).
O right I didn't realise that they where the same company, so they are basically the same coilover just different colour springs? :)

Yea they should fit. And fitting coilovers on non sports is exactly the same as on sports.
There is quite a collection of threads in the guides section explaining how to fit coilovers / remove shocks / springs etc.
They most confusing bit is working out which bits you transfer from the old shocks on the front, and working out the order the washers etc go on the rears.

I did it on mine. Just make sure you get the wheels all aligned after, or the steering will feel horrid!

AUDI A5 s-sline
How do's i make sure there are all aligned correctly mate? Ok I'll follow the guide to see which things go where! :). Any mire info that I may need? :).

Take them to a place that does 4 wheel laser alignment. Its not something you can do yourself.
Have a look here: http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

Have a read of my thread from when I was fitting them, I asked loadsa questions lol:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?501203-Protecting-Coilovers&highlight=

Also Fubar's guide is really useful:
http://www.cliosport.net/content/guides/fubar/spring_guide.pdf
Show's you what order the bits on the top of the front strut go in, as you'll need to transfer these over to the coilover struts.

AUDI A5 s-sline
Thanks for that mate! :). Haha, you did ask alot of questions, and that's what I was planning on doing as I don't want to do anything wrong, because at the end of the day, I don't want my shock falling off while driving! :(.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
to be honest its a really easy thing to do, id be surprised if you could do it wrong lol especially with the guide

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
when i fitted mine to my 1.2 it took 6 hours but we took our time to make sure it was right, only thing is that the top mounts can be very hard to undo and you may want to get it pre loosened.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
there not raceland coilies there AP's but you get the idea
IMG_9477.jpg