ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover insurance?

MK2 Clio
I am 18 and my insurance on my non rs is £1200 and just wondering if my insurance is likely to change much if I declare coolovers? Thanks

Yes it will go up. Remember it's not just the modification itself that adds to the price it's the stereotype that goes with it.

Depends who you're with and how strict they are etc. But your age isn't going to go in your favour.

Some say just an admin fee for the change, others it's hundreds. Best to give them a call and ask. Some just refuse completely.

LY200
i declared my car being lowered and im with elephant. i think i said 30mm lowering on optional extra suspension and optional extra wheels and i had 182 wheels at the time. suppose there not optional extras but i had some kind of cover. that was an extra £60. then i got quoted on a new inlet manifold and induction kit and that was about another £120

MK2 Clio
i declared my car being lowered and im with elephant. i think i said 30mm lowering on optional extra suspension and optional extra wheels and i had 182 wheels at the time. suppose there not optional extras but i had some kind of cover. that was an extra £60. then i got quoted on a new inlet manifold and induction kit and that was about another £120

Annually or monthly?

S

Ste King 182

when i had my 3 series i declared my coilovers and it went up about 20 quid a month .

Megane 225 F1
The amount of time you spent asking on here, you would have an answer from your insurance company by now. JUST RING THEM

When I had my 1.2 Clio, it would have been about £550 to insure (I was 19 when I got it with 0 ncb, points etc).

When I declared the mods that were going to happen (tints, coilovers >50mm, exhaust system) it went up to £1k.

Considering I paid the same to insure a 172 a year later, I think I was raped a tad.