ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover Piccies

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Thought it was about time I got some pics up of my FK coilovers as they've been on a few weeks now. I fitted them myself with advice from Fred, Loony and others so cheers lads.

Also had the wheels laser aligned last week and it drives and handles really nice. Though I am going to go down a bit more on the fronts as I was playing it safe with the height until they settled properly.

The pics:

coils1.jpg

coils2.jpg

coils6.jpg

coils3.jpg

coils4.jpg

coils5.jpg

Whaddaya reckon? Deffo down some more at the front, as the rear is all the way down already! I never removed the arch liners btw, just cut off the bit that was catching on both sides.

Just hope there's room for the free carbon splitter I got from K-Tec when I've got the front down a bit!

1.6 focus zetec....
Is that the lowest the coilovers go at the back or is it because you dont want it rubbing?

Kiza

That's as low as it'll go without removing the bottom adjuster completely. IIRC it was about 75mm when I measured it.

3 MPS
very nice fella, looks about the same height as mine , also fk,s mine is fully down at the rear and i have no rubbing even with 3 up in the back lol
however the front is giving me major headaches, i have bent the bumper bracket out the way and taken the arche liner awy and it still rubs on the actual inner arch . mainly on full lock and depends on the camber of the road when turning corners . how is yours at the front ?

paul g said:
however the front is giving me major headaches, i have bent the bumper bracket out the way and taken the arch liner away and it still rubs on the actual inner arch . mainly on full lock and depends on the camber of the road when turning corners . how is yours at the front ?
No problems at the height shown in the pic, as it's not *that* low. Never touched the bumper bracket? and have kept the arch liner in (apart from snipping a bit off towards the top of the arch that was rubbing on the tyre on full lock). I don't get on full lock too much really.

It doesn't rub at all that I've heard, even with a mate in the front. Though I did have 1.5 degrees negative camber set up when I had it aligned, so that would help with any possible rubbing.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks good, i loved my fk's...tho mine rubbed like buggery. I wouldn't lower the front any more, it'll look wrong if you do "Top heavy if you will!"

172 Cup
What an improvement! Looking good. I was tempted by the FK's, how do you rate the ride....? is it harsh especially with the back lowered to the max.

Cup Sport said:
What an improvement! Looking good. I was tempted by the FK's, how do you rate the ride....? is it harsh especially with the back lowered to the max.
Ride is firm but not harsh or crashy like the old Apex springs springs. You can notice the damping on a road with plenty of undulations and small bumps, and especially at low speeds over speed bumps etc. You still feel the bigger bumps though, but nowhere near as bad as just springs on OE shocks.

Oh and I'd say the rear is very slightly harder than the front. Only really noticeable coming off high speed bumps. That may be down to the front shocks having a large hard and a smaller softer spring together on each shock though, instead of one thick short one like the back.

Fred2001Dynamic said:
WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF MEN!!!

we drink beer and drive low cars!!
Yay! Do I get a membership card with that? :quiet:

Last edited: