ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover

Clio B Sport 02
Hello,
I search about coilovers for my Clio B sport mk2 ph12002
Mainly debating between 3 types:
Kw v1
Kw v2
Gaz shoks
What is most recommended type and will give the best result in terms of behavior and grip?
Thx!

I was told to avoid the GAZ as they are fairly poor on the RS Clio's even though they are good on other makes & models. I ended up with a set of KW V2's that had been modified to fit Cup suspension.

I hate breaking budget but I'm so glad I did on this occasion, they are fantastic! Tons of grip around corners and very predictable (I'm running 1.5 degrees negative camber front & rear and parallel toe). If you are after a substantial drop aswell though, I wouldn't bother as the rears only drop by 20mm-30mm so you won't gain 'proper lows.'

Clio B Sport 02
I understand you,

The price difference between the V1 to V2 is approximately 264 Pound and does not include shipping.
Is it worth investing the money, because my understanding there is no such a big difference between the two.

Another question is:
Lots of people recommended the Suspension Spring Set - Bilstein Eibach, which of course are much cheaper than set of Coilovers.
What is your opinion about it?

BG 182 & 225 T
ive recently fitted fk highsport coilovers on my 182, and think they are great! handling is so much better and sits awesome

Lotus Elise
V2 over more adjustability and if you want to play with suspension set ups then do but if you want plug and plays V1s.

Clio B Sport 02
Updating:
I finally decided to go for a combination of KONI EIBACH mainly because of the price difference with KW V1/V2 (about 700GBP)
I also bought a set of Brembo front discs and original rear discs + Fdb pads front + rear.
In addition I bought Powerflex Black Front Lower Wishbone Bushes.
And the tire size will changed to 205/50/15.
Hope in a month when everything comes and installed the car behavior will change For the better.
Thx all for you help and advice.