ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers dampers 1.2 clio

Titanium 182
Hi, I have fitted the front coilovers to my 1.2 pretty good but the back is being a problem as the top bolt that came off the top of the rear damper doesn't fit the coilovers damper, I would have thought that the bolts would have been the same but it seems that they might be different.

Could anyone who has done this before on a 1.2 help me out here? Cheers

I think you're having the exact same problem as me mate. Are you saying that the old top nuts don't fit the new dampers, or the old top mounts aren't wide enough for the new dampers? If it's the later, just drill them out. If it's the nut problem, take your shock down to your local nut and bolt shop.

I'm assuming you have TA Technix cheapy coilovers like me, in which case it will be a fine threaded M10 nylock nut. A fairly uncommon size, B&Q Extra didn't do them. Had to go to a family ran fastenings shop in Portsmouth for mine. Was something like £3.50 for two.

Hope that helps!

Titanium 182
Alright cheers mate, I have the mounts drilled out, I'm going to go to an industrial parts supplier in the morning and get the bolts I need but cheers for the size and yeah they are the cheap ones ;) classic 1.2 clio option haha. AlexCarter

I did this on an other set of rears. They needed drilling out to 10mm, think I still have them as now I have TA rear top mounts before I had raceland and drilled out the OEM to fit.
Any luck with the bolts?

Titanium 182
Ahh hopefully getting that sorted soon, yeah I managed to get some nuts for the tops, £1.20 it cost me for 2.

Titanium 182
f**k knows mate. By this point I'd had about enough of the goddamn coilovers causing problems, so I just went mad at it with whatever size bit I could find. Just kept hacking at it until they slid on the damper.

Did you not need to get a new column thing for the two little mounts? And I got a small rubber thing aswell, not sure if that's needed, only received one of them.

Did you not need to get a new column thing for the two little mounts? And I got a small rubber thing aswell, not sure if that's needed, only received one of them.

was going to order some of these aswell :( sounds like you guys are having a problem :/

Nope, no sleeve thing needed. Chucked it away, no need for it!

No problems with them Luke, order them! I just didn't have the right nuts since I bought mine second hand. The only thing you'd need to do is drill your old rear top mounts out a bit wider, that's all.

Titanium 182
Nope, no sleeve thing needed. Chucked it away, no need for it!

No problems with them Luke, order them! I just didn't have the right nuts since I bought mine second hand. The only thing you'd need to do is drill your old rear top mounts out a bit wider, that's all.

How much wider do you have to drill them do you know? And I got my second aswell, are yours quite bouncy, all my car seems to do is bounce everywhere now....

How much wider do you have to drill them do you know? And I got my second aswell, are yours quite bouncy, all my car seems to do is bounce everywhere now....

I've honestly no idea mate. I just found my biggest drill bit in the garage. Yeah it's quite bouncy, I quite like it in a weird childish way haha. My passengers don't..

Titanium 182
I've honestly no idea mate. I just found my biggest drill bit in the garage. Yeah it's quite bouncy, I quite like it in a weird childish way haha. My passengers don't..

Alright mate, gunna have a bash tomorrow and see what I can do, if you don't need the column what do the mounts hold together with? And that's good news, thought I had put them on wrong or something, bouncing all over the place haha. I like it at times, it is quite funny after a while, my girlfriend really hates it.