ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers Fitted

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Had my coilovers fitted yesterday and the car was setup. They are well worth the money. Very firm ride, nice.
The only thing im not sure about though is the fact that there is still a gap between the front tyre and the arch whereas on the back the tyre is under the arch.
It looks good at the back but im not sure the front should be lower??
The car at present is level with the ground however if i do lower the front the car wont be level with the ground...
Is it setup correctly or should i lower the front some more?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
where abouts in newcastle you get them fitted? also if they are coilover you can just lower it yourself with the C spanner things you got

Renault Clio 172 Sport
My mate whos a mechanic did it all for me... Its level all the way round cause he measured it all.
It may be correct but i want to know what everyone elses has been setup like.
As i said the car is level with the ground but the front tyres have a gap between the arch (small) but the back sits under the arch which is what i want but i need to know whether the front should sit lower. I know if the front goes lower the car wont be level with the ground, if you know what i mean.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Oh well, ive never really thought about that!.
If it is nose down then i think it could be dropped a little more. Im not sure what he lowered the back by but there isnt much of the tyre showing on the rear. The front has about a finger tip of space.
Might do it tonight.
To lower it do you just jack it up, take the wheels off and then wind it up a few turns each side?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
yea but i think you have to wind down tho

just keep note on how many times you did i tho to make sure its the same on both :)

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
atm i do but once i get my spacers i will have a small 1 just so i can get a full lock on :approve:

mine started off lower at the back, now i have re done the height myself so all arches are just about the wheels, so it looks right.

i made sure that just each side was the right height, not front and back, as someone has already said, the back is usually higher on cars anyways, thing its for the turn in to be sharper or aero dynamics.

jamie

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Will get pics tonight cause i havent had a chance to do em with only having it back yesterday evening. Will get some and post.
Cheers.

PS - The Avatar picture isnt my current RS its my old one, my current one is Flame Red.

post pics of your new car in the "clio" section, ask some qs about it there if i were you. will get more responses lad.

jamie

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Here is some pics but i will raise another Thread in the Clio section also but views would be most appreciated.
I think from looking at the photos that the front needs to come down?
IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

Looking for a Mk1 Clio?
I dont know about coilovers but the front looks like it could come down some or the back is to low like someone has said.