ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers group buy

I have been thinking some coilovers as if your going to spend a bit might as well go the whole way.

Anyway I think quite a few other people have been interested in buying them but the £550 price tag is a bit of putting (understanderable).

Who would be interesed in a group buy they would be for the FK ones?

The obvious question is what sort of discount well lets say if they were £450 how many would be interested and if £500 how many would be intertested.

After a look round they seem to be about £550 inc vat from everywhere.

Im not just doing this cos Im cheap (honest)

I tried organising a group buy of some custom units i was having made up for a producton clio race series in asia.

It had the Cupracer billie inserts on adj platforms with camber/castor control, but non adj damping (as nobody would know what to do with it really) all made in a custom strut.

just over a grand i think it was, and a proper kit.

550 quid for coilovers is a bargain, on a crap race car thats how much you pay per corner. Proper suspension for the public and actual performance setups are very very diff and priced accordingly.

But good luck!

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 03 October 2004

It had the Cupracer billie inserts on adj platforms with camber/castor control, but non adj damping (as nobody would know what to do with it really) all made in a custom strut.
just over a grand i think it was, and a proper kit.

550 quid for coilovers is a bargain, on a crap race car thats how much you pay per corner. Proper suspension for the public and actual performance setups are very very diff and priced accordingly.
I remember your thread I think you all confused us all with your superier tech knowedge and baffled most of us. Most people need simple bolt this on and its better sort of description.

£550 is cheap to some and expensive to others. Would people spend over £2.5k on a Clio setup then? sounds insane that much.

Im looking at bushes being done, as well depends how the price and others views turn out.

I take it race setups are almost infinatly adjustable and are dampers with those err tanks connected to the struts?

nope, the cupracer setup is only heigh adjustable, not damping. as i see it, there is no point for adjustable, as most people dont have a clue what they are playing with....apart from making it harder.

i want a kit that has the height adjusting platform and spring on the rear dampers as they are on the cup cars as opposed to the height adjusting platform and spring sitting on the trailing arm where the spring goes from factory, but i expect that will cost sill money.

its was a cupracer replica kit, the only difference is that cup racers have a heavily modified front subframe and laguna struts hence the need for custom struts.

Rears were and are cup racer items.

Ill be interested in a group buy, fk ones sound good and £450 does too. wouldnt want to spend much more then that though.

well, it was based on about 1400 quid for 10.

This was manufactuered by a touring car team, so for them to just drop other stuff to build shocks for clios is something.

They would of been awesome, but oh well.

unfortunately i dont think there will be 10 182 owners who would put their hand that deep in their pocket, i might have gone for it but 9 more people will be impossible :cry:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

me!

i emailed eibach.

"yeah sure £3500 with road springs"

ok, if you can even get a few more people the ill go talk to them again.

If its popular i might create an angelworks suspension kit.

oops, sorry edde!!!!!

i think i officially hijacked this!

Mods can delete my posts and return it to eddes topic.

Si or tom, if you want you can start a new thread to gauge interest in a 182/cup/172 kit.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 03 October 2004

oops, sorry edde!!!!!
i think i officially hijacked this!

Mods can delete my posts and return it to eddes topic.
Feel freee to hijack it no one seems interested in my idea. Infact delete/edit my comments so its fits better if you want.

If you were to make a suspension kit would it be possible to fit it to modify it to a 172 as well as a 182? I keep reverting back to getting a 172 next yr or so as it wont cost that much.

yes, 172, 182, cup etc.....there is no physical change in the damper housing, hence the problem with cups and the strut top mod, they cant be bothered.