ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers or springs and how low?

Clio dynamique 1.4i
New to the forum so hi all.
Just got myself an 03 1.4 dynamique and the first thing to do is get her low.
Ive had a look through previous threads and just want to know what you think; how low to go? Im thinking 40-60mm, im gonna be doin a fair amount of milage, mostly motorway for travelling home from uni etc.

Then secondly; coilovers or springs? I would rather go coilovers but ive got a budget, have been looking at AP coilovers sets which come in at £325 which seem pretty good, and about as much as i have to spend. Or should i just drop it 50mm on some decent springs?
cheers

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Best springs - Eibach sportlines & will lowere ROUGHLY 40mm (give or take a few MM). If you go any lower than this you will need shorter dampers as the ride will be rubbish ( I ran 60mm springs on std dampers and the ride was aweful on my old 1.2).

I would say any lower than 40mm - get coilovers... Depends what you want and how much moolah you have.

Clio dynamique 1.4i
IMG_7923.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

just found this on another thread, thats what im looking for. anyone know whos car is this or could enlighten me as to how much its been lowered and on what?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Thats bifcaids car and it no longer looks like that... But it is on coilovers IIRC.