ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers v oe dampers + sportlines

ph1 172, berlingo
You have answered your question, you pays for for wat you get, don't skimp on suspension and you won't go far wrong

I have bought Gaz coils and fully regretted it waist of money in my opinion on track and road, now run pro,s with Koni,s and they are good, remember low does not mean good if it f***s your roll centers up ect

Gaz bump steer ir epicly bad. Im truly fucked off with mine.

Saxo VTS, Clio 172 Silver
You have answered your question, you pays for for wat you get, don't skimp on suspension and you won't go far wrong
True, but pointless spending silly money on suspension that never gonna get full use out of!! More of a question of is it worth spending the dollar on a 'decent' coilover setup over normal springs and dampers setup. Basically will he see a big improvement over his current setup on coilovers? If so which collies would be down as an improvement over current setup.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Koni shocks seem to be your best option...

- they're adjustable which you say you like.
- they'll give you a little bit of lowering.
- they're massively better than budget coilies.
- they're better than OE dampers, but without spending silly ££££
- they require less set up and less work to get them right.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had Bilstein B14's on my first 172, dont know if i could justify the cost for them again think im going sportlines and brand new genuine dampers all round, possibly 182 dampers all round (already got 182 rears)