ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers

Renault Clio
Hi guys, I have a v try mk2 Clio which I brought a week ago and was wondering if anyone could post a link up of rokkor coilovers that will fit as I'm not 100% sure on what ones will fit?

cheer, Paul.

Renault Clio
All I know at the moment is that it is a v reg 1.2, I'm still learn all the different types as I have only had the car 6 days...

Last edited:
  Renault Clio
All I know is that it's a 1.2 v-reg, are all the top mounts the same? And is it just the distance between the two bolts that bolt the strut on to the hub?

For you, i would imagine you're looking at a set of budget Raceland/Rokkor/TA-Technix coilovers, you'll want to search on the forum to make sure you get the correct bolt spacing. you can also measure this yourself, it's supposedly possible to put the wheel on full-lock and get a ruler in behind to measure the distance between the 2 bolts. If it's 58mm - these will do the trick if you jsut want something cheap and cheerful. I have them in mine, the ride is obviously bumpier, but the car is nice and lower down.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-...=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:1.2&hash=item3a8246c2d7

PH1 1.2 8v hubs can be 52mm as well. I suppose it depends on which hubs were picked out of Le Parts bin at Dieppe!
Measure them for peace of mind mate, if it's 58mm, coilies will cost ya 250 quid!

If it's a ph2, it's probably 58mm

Fiesta ST2 MP215
For you, i would imagine you're looking at a set of budget Raceland/Rokkor/TA-Technix coilovers, you'll want to search on the forum to make sure you get the correct bolt spacing. you can also measure this yourself, it's supposedly possible to put the wheel on full-lock and get a ruler in behind to measure the distance between the 2 bolts. If it's 58mm - these will do the trick if you jsut want something cheap and cheerful. I have them in mine, the ride is obviously bumpier, but the car is nice and lower down.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-...=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:1.2&hash=item3a8246c2d7

LOL at the (without 2.0 16V, V6 and 4x4

I'd love a 4x4 Clio.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Never made one, custom jobs only but think that was MK1's with Cossie lumps etc, would be epic though to raise one up with 4x4 and a Diff lock.

Renault Clio
It's the 8v, and I'm pretty sure it's the ph1! ill have a look and measure, any more links to coilovers that are cheap would be a grate to get me started!:)

Phase 1 is the same shape as mine with the rounded head lights.
Phase 2 has the more angular lights.

all depends on your budget mate. The ones i linked are essentially the cheapest you can get in coilovers. If you have 52mm spacing, they're more expensive and different (better) makes are even more expensive.
If you're not looking for adjsutable height, you can also go down the lower springs and shocks route. If you go more than 40-50mm i think you'll be best buying new shocks. It'll cost about the same as budget coilovers.